Thread: Musky Rods.... St. Croix or Tackle Industries

Musky Rods.... St. Croix or Tackle Industries

Guys need some help here. Want to purchase 2 new Musky rods. Have had SC in the past and recently Okuma. The variety of lures I typically use are topwaters, DBL 10, large spinner baits, 5-8" minnow baits, some crankbaits, superD's, original and magnum hawgs etc. Had recently sold my older SC and the Okumas. Would like to keep it at 2 rods if possile. Always good info. on hear and would like to hear everyones professional opinions. Have kind of narrowed it down to St.Croix or Tackle Industries. Thanks and I look forward to your comments!

I have used St. Croix for 6 yrs now for guiding with no issues. My clients love them I love them. Only had a few chances to use TI rods but found they are not in the same quality class as St. Croix. Sure TI's are cheaper but the quality and warranty of the St. Croix makes them well worth it. I use only the legend tourney rods but have in the past used Mojo's but liked the legend rods to much to use anything else

Thanks for the reply Keith sent you a PM back!

Just an FYI but make sure you stop by the St Croix and Tackle Industries booths at the Milwaukee Musky Expo. You can hold both rods. Will be a lot easier for you to see/touch both rods at the same time. Also, both SC and TI will be at the Madison, WI and Minneapolis (and I think Wausau Musky Expo SC is there too with TI) shows too just in case those venues are closer for you.

Thanks,
    James
    Say "Thank You" to a Veteran with a donation:
    http://www.operationmuskie.com
    Tackle Industries:
    http://www.tackleindustries.com

I own several StCroix rods, and have experienced their customer service as well. Can't say enough good about quality, service and product selection. They rate very high in my book and from my experience I can say you would not be disappointed if you went with SC. I had the pleasure of using Tackle Industries rods this last fall on a guided trip on Lake vermilion. I had zero complaints about their quality as well. The guide used them exclusively and swore by them. I do not think you can go wrong with either company. They both have great service and good quality rods. James gives the best advice. If you can, handle the rods side by side if possible. Choose the one that feels the best for you. Good luck and catch a monster on your selection!

Thanks guys for all of your input. Everytime I buy a new bow we always get to shoot them for a while to see if we like it. Will go to the shows this winter to feel each mentioned hear. Just wanted to get a feel from everyone! Thank you all!