Thread: Sneak Peek: GlideRaider

Administrator

Sneak Peek: GlideRaider

There's still plenty of good fishing left this season. That said, we wanted to help anglers start getting ready for "show season" by giving some sneak peeks at the new products that will be coming out this winter. First up: JBO's GlideRaider

Joe Bucher claims to have designed the ultimate musky glide bait.

Ive always wanted a glider style jerkbait that would provide a consistent side-to-side, zig-zag action, combined with a neutral buoyancy so I could work the bait in place next to cover for sluggish, cover-tight fish and cold front muskies," Bucher says. "My new GlideRaider accomplishes this like no other bait Ive ever seen.

Bucher also wanted a glide bait that looked like a real baitfish, complete with fins, gills and a sucker minnow-shaped body. Tapping into some of the latest computer technology, Joe and his team created a lure that Joe claims is his finest lure design ever.

The new GlideRaider is made of ABS plastic, measures 8 long and weighs approximately 5.3 oz., and will be available in six colors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GlideRaider.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	1110

Joe caught his longest musky ever on a GlideRaider prototype. Watch the new season of "Fishing With Joe Bucher" to see it happen … I'm not sure when the show will air, but if I find out I'll post it here.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Guess I better make more room in the tackle box.

Is this new item manufactured by Robinson Outdoors ?

Heard from Joe … he said the episode with the giant on the GlideRaider will air in early to mid March.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Reading this post reminds me of the post entitled "JoeBucherOutdoors" that is just a few posts below this one. I clearly remember my disappointment in having purchased a Slopmaster spoon and several Chrome finish ShallowRaiders. They looked great in the water for an hour or two, until the finish fell off. These lures ended up being relegated to the far reaches of the tackle box and eventually the garbage can. I'm not saying that these new GlideRaiders will be another mistake purchase, but I will keep my cash in my pocket until the jury renders its verdict. The old saying comes to mind "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on .....".

Administrator
    BornToFish, while I definitely sympathize with the disappointment about the chrome finish falling off, that is hardly just a Bucher lures problem. Nearly all chrome finishes are notorious for falling off, be it muskie, bass, walleye, etc lures. It's the nature of the finish and how it's applied.

There is a guy out in Ohio who paints walleye and muskie lures who has figured out how to make a rock-hard chrome finish that lasts. I'll try to look up his name.

Regardless, having owned a number of Bucher lures, every one of them is still going strong many years and fish later. I'd expect nothing different from this one.

Looks good but I would first like to see how it performs on You Tube before I but another lure!