Thread: LOTW Report

LOTW Report

Wow gone a week and everyone gets their undies in a bunch! Well anyways two boats last week put 34 in the boats. Tough bite, NW winds and cold water.Oh and the pressure on spots, He He He. Bright spot was we stayed at Frolanders Resort in Monument Bay Very Very Very nice!!! Old school log cabins and lodge, GREAT food! very frendly and reat locaion and you know me being a big cry baby. Right Sled???
    Chris
    "Hey what did I ever do to you?"

RE: LOTW Report

Just got back from last week, fished Spruce Island Camp out of the Tug Channel area. Despite the fact some guys on the island described it as one of the slowest weeks they had ever seen, I didn't think it was that bad at all once I got them dialed in mid week. I put 7 in the boat and lost at least 5 others. There seems to be some train of thought that smaller baits are the ticket this year, Double Cowgirls thrown in my boat said otherwise...

Altarocks

Chris,

I second your praise of Frolanders. My first time under the American Plan, and I'll definitely be back there for more. Outstanding owners and accomodations, not to mention a great group of guys (& gal!) in camp. Fishing was decent to boot. Ran into guys leaving the Angle on 7/25 who told us basically not to bother throwing double 10s. Turned out, the double 10s were the go to bait for us. If I had it to do over again, there never would have been a minute where at least one of us wasn't throwing a cowgirl.

I agree 100% about the cowgirls, I heard the same thing about not throwing them....It's kinda funny who starts these rumors and comes to these conclusions

I was up last week and I can tell you that they weren