Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Green Bay Produces Near 50-Pounder

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfun View Post
    C'mon the way you did hold that fish was not right, and one would hope you did learn from that experience. We will never know if that fish survived. let's hope from now on they have better chance. it takes big man to admit mistake and lern from it ...
    Relax man -- based on his post it sounds like it was his first decent fish. I know that when I first started holding fish I'm sure it wasn't great. Looking at the pic it doesn't seem bad. The only way to learn is to get experience -- well, you can only get experience by doing it. Everybody tries their best to get them back safely but the reality is you are jamming a hook in their mouth and then taking them out of the water -- sometimes things happen. I will never bad mouth good intentions. Hopefully we can all learn from each other in a constructive way.

Quote Originally Posted by bjames View Post
    Relax man -- based on his post it sounds like it was his first decent fish. I know that when I first started holding fish I'm sure it wasn't great. Looking at the pic it doesn't seem bad. The only way to learn is to get experience -- well, you can only get experience by doing it. Everybody tries their best to get them back safely but the reality is you are jamming a hook in their mouth and then taking them out of the water -- sometimes things happen. I will never bad mouth good intentions. Hopefully we can all learn from each other in a constructive way.
    I'm relaxed, just don't understands why kmeyer is having hard time to take advice, and calls private message with article about releasing fish hatemail, and is in his own mind he is 100% sure that it was successful release.
    Last edited by lifeisfun; 09-24-2013 at 03:59 AM.

drama drama drama...

"Lifeisfun" - That was not directed at you. In fact I don't even recall receiving a pm from you. I am appreciative of the advice you linked in the thread and take it to heart. Some others take a much different approach in their pm's.

Thanks for helping to make the point though.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfox View Post
    How bout Big on K, Turtle chain, White Sand and Presque Isle still has some but not many. To answer where did it come from, more fish, less bait or wiped out completely means small, skinner, lighter fish. Just look at the marathon results from the last 30 years. Way more fish killed years before by less fisherman. Now a solid 25 years of C&R and we have smaller fish structure but a lot of them. Since when did a 25# become a trophy, nice fish maybe.
    looks like you should consider a change in tactics ... claiming ciscoes have all of a sudden disappeared because you can't catch a fish might make you feel justified but it's a long, long way from the truth.

Alright already. Enough. If the fish was legally caught and of legal size then the person catching the fish has the right to keep it. Just because I put mine all back does not mean I must find injustice in some one else that does what they decide what to do. Would I suggest they release it,yes. Would I go a little crazy if they did not, NO. Now let us get back to what is important and that is catching toothy critters and sharing the experience with other fanatics of this fish.

"Green Bay Produces Near 50-Pounder"

...and here I thought this thread was about the 50 pound egg the Packers laid in Cincinnati last Sunday ! ;-)

Okay, this thread has outlived its usefulness ... and it has nothing to do with the Packer shot because it's well-deserved.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com