Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Wisconsin Trolling ???

2014 Wisconsin Trolling ???

---- any new info on northern wisconsin 2014 trolling law changes ??? ------ thanks --- jim

Last I heard the Gov. blocked it and sent it back for further review due to the amount of unhappy people.
    Will be brought up again in dnr hearings.

I think more people would be ok with it if it was limited to one rod per angler.

Administrator
    I agree with you, coldfront. One rod per angler would be a good compromise, and then it'd be little difference between trolling and casting. Same amount of lures in the water at least.

Agreed................make it less complicated. Allowing one line would be a good compromise. As we all age there may come a day where we can't cast anymore but would still like the opportunity to fish by trolling. I know of one gentlemen where that is the case. By making it one line there also would be no controversy with a sucker and moving around by trolling motor.

row row row your boat ... or get a handicap permit and a vantage

What is a handicap permit going to do for you? They won't let you have the opportunity to fish by trolling just because you have a handicap permit.........which means you can no longer fish for muskies. Wouldn't you like to be able to continue to chase the ski's?

Quote Originally Posted by badgers321 View Post
    What is a handicap permit going to do for you? They won't let you have the opportunity to fish by trolling just because you have a handicap permit.........which means you can no longer fish for muskies. Wouldn't you like to be able to continue to chase the ski's?
    this and a minn-kota vantage and you are in the game ... enjoy, otherwise go row-trolling in the fall with 3 lines, or position fish with a sucker at the side of the boat the way the law allows.

if you are trolling - you are trolling - don't do that or you might get a ticket.

not that hard really

Actually there is an trolling exemption offered for those who are unable to fish otherwise. http://dnr.wi.gov/permits/disabled.html The fifth bullet down and there is the application on the same page.

Great info KenK.........I did not know the exemption existed and I stand corrected. Nice to know that is out there for people who might be disabled.

Mudhen........as a person I watched my 82 year old father get older and not be able to fish for muskies anymore. He was the one that I am forever grateful to for taking the time to musky fish with me. I hope the same thing does not happen to you or any of your family or friends as you get older. Life can be cruel sometimes.