Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Double Follow

Back in early July of this year at Sabaskong. My son was in the back of my boat, a friend and I were in the bow. My son says, hey, I got a follow, then he says I got another BIG one following and then, my friend has a decent one going around and around on the eight at the same time. So three going at once. Next pass or two in the same area, my friend catches his first muskie, 47" and fat. A great big nasty front was coming, so maybe that was turning them on. Fun time!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry_Ramsell View Post
    Had seven behind my lure once in a Canadian fly-in lake loaded with small muskies. It was like a rack of bowling pins following with the biggest (probably 32) first and then 2 smaller ones behind it and 4 smaller yet behind them...crazy! None hit of course.

Muskie regards,
    Larry Ramsell
    Had something similar to that happen on Fluke, which isn't a fly-in lake but has a very nasty boat landing. (If you want to call a Canadian clay-mud hillside a "boat landing.") Throw a topwater into a shallow bay and here they come -- multiple wakes from all directions. I can't remember how many but it was like spokes on a wheel. None hit, of course.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

A friend of my brother had this happen a few years back on a Canadian lake , the spot is now appropriately called "two fish pass." On Pipestone back in 08 I was throwing a glide bait on a big weedy main lake reef. I thought I had a real nice muskie following, but turned out to just be 4 trophy sized smallmouth packed together checking it out....kinda disappointing.

More...Eagle Lake 1969...lake went nuts for about a half-hour. We raised over two dozen in an area the size of half a football field and caught six up to 32 pounds and lost another mid 40 pound range. During all of that my buddy and I each had large muskies at each end of the boat figure eighting at the same time.

Another time on Dryberry, my buddy cast a jerk bait up on a sand bar and had two in the mid 40 inch range behind his bait side by side. Neat thing about this was that one of them was blonde/near white and the other was normal colored...bizzare stuff!

Muskie regards,
    Larry Ramsell