Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opening Weekend

Opening Weekend

So how did everyone do so far for the opener? What baits were successful? My brother and I had several follows on twitch baits but no takers. They were very finicky. Going out this afternoon on the chain hopefully we can get them to eat.

Sat the oldest boy and I each got one. Sun I got 3 and lost one had several other follows. 3 out of 4 were on the 8 for me. They were coming in late and low. Yesterday they were shut down never seen a fish all day.

Oh yeah 4 on gliders 1 on a dawg.

Administrator
    Great job wicked1! Any other reports or big fish from the rest of the community?!

Administrator
    Nothing? C'mon guys. I know there was more than one guy fishing the opener this weekend.

caught two

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	36.1.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	856
    I put one 36" in the boat on a Bucher 700 and moved a few others. Only action came during the warmest parts of the day on Sat and Sun.

Administrator
    Nice job Bandit! Mudhen, any size, patterns, etc? Just curious. Sounds like gliders and jerkbaits took the majority of the fish.

eating small crank/glide baits (rattlin' rogue/x-rap suspenders) on wind-blown primary points targeting smb's before the smallies got em.

water temps. hovering 59.5 - 61.5 ... all caught when water was warming with the limited sunshine we had between storms. small fish ate, one good one followed. friday, saturday, sunday fishing rocked ... monday, tuesday sucked ... today heading out for the afternoon and it smells fishy.

start targeting muskies tomorrow. a friend got 6 on the weekend and his were new weeds during warming periods. i'm finding some nice weeds the last few days and it's getting harder and harder to target bass. the time is near. should be a great june.
    Last edited by mudhen; 05-29-2013 at 10:20 AM. Reason: updated information

65 deg. water on darker lake and pre-storm was too much to not give it a try. saw 3 dandies and can't believe they wouldn't go with the storm coming in. we're days, maybe hours away from these fish snappin' ... should be a great weekend.

smallies are on beds and a gas!