Thread: FREE SEMINARS: "Der's Gold in Dem Dar Hills""

FREE SEMINARS: "Der's Gold in Dem Dar Hills""

I’m a seminar junkie. I just love going to the winter shows where I can sit, for free, in front of the guys who live the “dream.” You do have to work just a bit at listening. You might want to call it “Active Listening!” There is likely going to be a lot of “sponsor plugs,” some shameless, as well of some of the guys who have not exactly learned the attribute of humility. And, those who can fish are not always those who can teach. You should approach these things the way you ask the guy in the bait shop for free information. The value is often “between the lines,” not in what he is telling you is the absolutely “hot bait,” probably the one he overstocked. Still, this is a time of the year when most of the water is “hard” to fish and, like I said, the seminars are all free. You can also find many of the guys you’d like to learn from giving talks at the general sport’s shows, multi-species fishing expos, boat shows and even at individual boat or tackle dealers. And, like I always say, you really want to be a member of your local Muskie’s Inc. chapter. A free seminar given at last week’s Milwaukee Chapter meeting by Greg Thomas on vertical jigging is 100% sure to bring fish to the nets of those who paid attention. Most guys point to “time on the water” as the sure way to judge angling success, but I am convinced that you really can “go to school” on lot of this stuff. Anyway, it’s a great way to chip away at what you don’t know, it’s a lot of fun, and for the third time, it’s FREE!

Marty, you are right on.... how can you beat free info? Some of you don't know as much as you think anyway, I think.

And in case some of you missed the Greg Thomas seminar, he will be at The Fox River Valley Chapter of Muskies Inc. on Wednesday Feb 13th. in Schaumburg Il. to do it again.
    It's a good chapter....stop by, grab a beer, join up. Great raffles. Do something.

I attended a Greg Thomas seminar a couple years ago at the local chapter. Talk about active listening! The meeting is held at the local American Legion hall and they have a bar there. A number of folks had several beers before the meeting and I bet they regretted it once Greg got rolling. I have a hearing impairment and I felt like I had just run four miles by the time he was done, I expended so much energy listening and trying to take notes. He did a great job, with audio visuals of his trolling methods and showing how he modifies tubes so they are more neutral, rather than nose heavy and a couple other topics. It was a great seminar, but wow, once he got rolling, don't think he stopped to take a breath for 45 minutes.