Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Big O episode

Loved the show. I had to laugh when Tommy pointed out how one of the big fish was "whipping" Jim. "Is it okay for me to say that?" Tommy says. Classic.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

The segment that lists what equipment was used said AG300, it didn't say Tranx.

Backdraft

It actually said St. Croix AC300 and I did use that reel when filming the episode. However, when I fish Cowgirls, I exclusively used my Tranx last year. I really wanted to see how the reel performed and I was very impressed.

Just wondering why you don't show putting the fish on the board? I am sure that fish was every bit of 55 just wondering why you guys don't show the actual measuring of the fish?

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhunter View Post
    Just wondering why you don't show putting the fish on the board? I am sure that fish was every bit of 55 just wondering why you guys don't show the actual measuring of the fish?
    My guess is they have 30 minutes of show, to spend time showing each fish on a board would occupy time that could be used with better footage. H

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    My guess is they have 30 minutes of show, to spend time showing each fish on a board would occupy time that could be used with better footage. H

Correct. Obviously I haven't been there for every one of Jim's shoots, but for the shows that I've been a part of, bigger fish were measured and smaller fish were not. However, to show the measurement on TV slows the show's overall pace.

I can understand people's curiosity regarding the fish length, but personally, I'd rather see more fight footage or listen to Jim talk ... one ... more ... time , than look at a bump board to see if the fish is 55 or 55 1/4.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfun View Post
    People...., there is no fish here, it was all staged
    Lifeisfun...I'm sure there are no fish to be had on the O, especially considering your postscript indicates that your PB is 55" and includes the video of the monster fish. It's probably the same one Jim caught right? I love the sarcasm! Keep it up! Good fishing.

Jordan

I will gar-o-tee you, if I ever catch a legitimate 55" muskie and there are others in the boat taking pics, I will make sure they take some pics of the fish on a bump board. Just to silence the skeptics. And those bump board pics will be THE FIRST of any pics I show anyone!!!!! Just saying.....that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie View Post
    I will gar-o-tee you, if I ever catch a legitimate 55" muskie and there are others in the boat taking pics, I will make sure they take some pics of the fish on a bump board. Just to silence the skeptics. And those bump board pics will be THE FIRST of any pics I show anyone!!!!! Just saying.....that's me.
    Out east very few pictures are shared, people keep it on the down low. H

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Heiting View Post
    Correct. Obviously I haven't been there for every one of Jim's shoots, but for the shows that I've been a part of, bigger fish were measured and smaller fish were not. However, to show the measurement on TV slows the show's overall pace.

I can understand people's curiosity regarding the fish length, but personally, I'd rather see more fight footage or listen to Jim talk ... one ... more ... time , than look at a bump board to see if the fish is 55 or 55 1/4.
    I have to kindly disagree...people that watch this show want to see HUGE fish measured, and it should be shown uncut, educate people that the whole process from the time you take fish out of the net, put on the board, snap a pic, needs to be less than 60 seconds. Mid fifty inch fish are rare for anyone, spending time showing this entire footage would be much more enjoyable to watch than cutting to another "rat" 42 incher. Just my 2 cents