Thread: New carbon fiber ranger "zee" is amazing!!

New carbon fiber ranger "zee" is amazing!!

Just dropped off my prop yesterday for a touch-up and was treated to a look at one of only a hundred (in the whole world) new carbon fiber Ranger Z-20's. While I like to think of my self as pretty normal, I am thinking that this might be one of the most sexy things I have ever seen. I don't think any data has been made public, but one of the technical guys at MW Marine thinks it will do 85 MPH. It is not coated in the normal gel coat you see on the glass boats, as the flex in the carbon fiber would not allow for it. It has a paint job I'd say makes it sort of look like a projectile or a rocket. It also has a sort of reddish glowing accent light that (at night) will make it look like an extra terrestrial ship. If you show up at the Milwaukee boat show, you can see both me and that boat in the booth...then decide for yourself which looks better :-)

Junkman --- that carbon fiber hull must be alot lighter weight than the fiber glass hull ??? ------ jim

Yea, the higher strength vs lower weight is the whole deal with CF. Don't know about the boat, but have read that that in cars there is up to a 35% weight advantage with CF that clearly goes right to speed!

--- or --- with less weight , you can use a smaller motor and save on the gas $$$ ---- carbon fiber is great stuff ,,,, I'll have to wait till the milwaukee boat show ,,, when is it this year ?? ---- thanks ---- jim

Hold your horses boys ! The whole boat is not Carbon fiber, it is in the decking, lids etc. The painted hull is a one off for that boat and there are a number of other interesting tweaks and accesories vs the 520 as well...kinda like upgrading from a Denali to an Escalade. It will be a cool ride for the guy that wants something exclusive.

I'm pretty sure the only way you'd see 85 in it is on the trailer behind your truck. Its a low to mid 70's boat. If the whole hull was Carbon fiber it would be WAY lighter and WAY stiffer than a normal glass boat. Stratos did one in the 2000's (the ASX Bass boat) and it was really light and fast...about 700 lb less than a glass hull. It was also like driving a potato chip with a 250 strapped to the back....hairy. I saw 78-79 driving one but never got the low 80's the boat was capable of.

Hey you guys can give it a looky-see for yourself starting today at the Milwaukee Boat Show. I'll be working the booth this weekend too---my dealer told me that since I couldn't win a tourament...I had to help sell boats if I wanted to stay on the pro-staff. I told him he was way off base cuz all that musky slime really hurts the resale and my boat smelled just like new :-(

saw Forrest Wood and the Carbon Fiber Zee over the weekend, both very Cool !
    Pimp My Rod & Reel, Best Damm Muskie Reel Detailing, Tuning and Relubing Period !!!
    Richard W Schmitz aka PikeMaster