Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Superbowl predictions speak now or forever hold your tongue

I don't think they're anything like the Yankees. This Belichek team is the best in the NFL for the past decade and its not because they can outspend everyone. It's because they play tough and smart and have smart people running the team. Totally earned all the way IMO. I'm not a Pats fan, but I have to respect them as THE best overall team in the NFL.

I'm not saying that they are the Yankees because the spend a lot of money. I also believe that Belichek might be the best overall coach in the NFL, he makes scrubs look like super stars. And Brady, well the dude is a beast. I hate the Yankees I don't hate the pats. But seeing a team constantly in the thick of things gets boring IMO. I would rather see some other teams have glory and not just the same old team over and over and over and over and over again. Had to make sure that I had 5 overs, as that is how many SB's Brady has been to. I am not saying they are not one of the best teams, with one of the best coaches, I am saying that I would like to see some different colors in the SB this year. Not just the same old Pats. Its getting old, I'm ready for a new dynasty to come out of the wood work. Any team is fine as long as it is not the Packers. No offense to anyone from WI, I just can't stand the green and gold
    God, Grant me the serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch, the courage to not lie about it, and the wisdom to know no one would believe me anyway.

I agree, the Pat's have been on top long enough, but gotta respect them. I don't have much respect for the Yankees. Baseball is kind of a different animal, as far as spending.

A Packers dynasty would be just fine in my book. We're almost there.

Gonna be a good game Saturday. Go Pack!

Frankly, I'm a bit surprised at the level of respect shown for the Vikes getting to the Superbowl. They have one play...give the ball to AP. And, I'd give all the props to Petersen as well as MVP...you just don't get to the Superbowl with only one bullet in the clip. The simple fact is that they are not going to leave Titletown Saturday night with another game to play. The Lambeau magic and a full field (finally) of deadly receivers for the best QB in the league will sink their ship even if AP gets another 200 yards. The return of our own former Heisman winning defensive star this week will also serve to shut off the already questionable air game allowing for a little extra pressure on AP whose shoulders are going to get really tired trying to carry the whole darn team all night long. Packers 37-20

Come on Man,,,,

Everyone in the world knows that few players in the game today can change the outcome like AD can. To question the impact he can have singlehandedly is kinda nutty. He has the ability to carry a team to victory and has proved it numerous times this year... As far as MN being a 1 bullet team, we fired 2, with direct hits, last Sunday. We put ourselves in the playoffs (1), and forced the Packers to play an extra game to reach their ultimate goal (superbowl homeboy)(2). The potential week off that they squandered would have meant a ton to their players returning from injury, now they have to play a divison rival in what will be a hard hitting game, which isn't conducive to recovery. It may very well end with a convincing Packers win, However with what we anticipated out of this Purple team this year, everything over 6 wins is gravy baby. Just speculation, but I am guessing that CW will not be in a hurry to test that clavicle against a down hill running AD. If Winfield doesn't play, we're cooked on D, Pass rush has to be on fire, and be able to not only pressure, but contain. But it's one more game than I planned on us playing this year, it's all good to me.
    "I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers"

Geno

pats vs seahawks.i really think broncos and vikes are close behind.0723

Webb is awesome! Not quite as good as Todd Collins playing like he was just handed a 300 degree football when he played for the bears but close.

Certainly won't be the Viqueens

Go Pack the rest of the way. Sorry to see Ponder not play, would have been nice to see what he's got in the playoffs. Webb against Rodgers, was no contest , man vs rookie trainee.

Well, at least I got the NFC games right, including the most important one. I thought about switching to the Ravens when I heard Ray Lewis announced his retirement, but I didn't. I could have picked the winners as well if I'd flipped a coin!

I imagine the Vikes fans won't be clamoring for Webb to replace Ponder should the latter struggle again next season.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com