Thread: Lowrance lcx 18c

Lowrance lcx 18c

I have one of the old graphs and it works great but I think my Wi card for the Chip has stopped working. It's an hm277xl card and wouldn,t you know they stopped making them and I can't seem to find any either. I have hundreds of icons on the unit which I haven,t backed up yet and will need to do so. The icons are still on the unit and the unit works fine, just the card does not come up. Went to Cabelas and they said the card was bad and of course want me to buy a new unit but this one works fine so I don't see the point of buying a new one. I wonder if there is a card out there somewhere that I can purchase??? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Also wonder if the card is really bad as it is in excellent shape and I have taken good care of the unit. I can also use the map on the unit but it is not as nice as the chip but the icons are accurate.

try to scuff the copper very gently on the chip. try to clean out the card slot too.

I hope you have your icons/waypoints, etc., backed up to an SD card ... not because your unit is about to fail, it's just a smart thing to do because you have lots of time and money invested in your information.

And, if the SD card doesn't load, you know the issue is likely with your card slot and not your map chip. Copper corrodes. I wonder if dielectric grease will help with this?
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

A pencil eraser works pretty good for cleaning contacts to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagofsh View Post
    A pencil eraser works pretty good for cleaning contacts to.
    Thanks for responses. I,m an idiot as I have not backed it up and still hope to do so but if slot, i'm probably in a hurt. Your right Steve as I have thousands of hours in the icons. What is best way to clean slot, I mean to get in there and do a decent job. Narrow strip of sand paper?

Don't be stupid like me; back your unit up!!!!!!!!! Started fishing there 50 years ago when there were no graphs but I have many times caught fish right away going to my icons. CAn still fish but I guarantee not as efffectively and much wasted time (which I don't have) to mark up another unit.

I once went to an icon in the fog and caught a fish on my second cast; could not have happened without the icons.

Once again learning the hard way!!!!!!!!! Dumb-Dumb-Dumb

Taking in to another dealer and hoping to recover icons

I sent you a PM that might help.
    "All men are equal before fish". - Herbert Hoover

thanks a bunch, will try as soon as I have a chance

HM277XL for WI SEP2003

I have this chip just sitting and was about to post on eBay. Checked it in my lowrance and works fine . Date is Sept 2003
    If interested let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by cliske View Post
    I have this chip just sitting and was about to post on eBay. Checked it in my lowrance and works fine . Date is Sept 2003
    If interested let me know.
    I got a 1gb and am buying a new graph tomorrow. Hope it works, if not I will contact you. Thanks for your efforts it is greatly appreciated. I will let you know either way if the chip I bought works, they say it will but I have no faith. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by chipvet View Post
    I got a 1gb and am buying a new graph tomorrow. Hope it works, if not I will contact you. Thanks for your efforts it is greatly appreciated. I will let you know either way if the chip I bought works, they say it will but I have no faith. Thanks again
    The chip I got worked so I won't need your chip; thanks for the effort!!!