Thread: The old way!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The old way!!!

I'm an old, underline old member of "The National Fishing Lure Collectors Club"
    and kinda keep in touch, they seem to have a loose knit group of guys who are having a year long contest to see who can catch the biggest fish using vintage tackle,not sure but I think mostly Bass, haven't heard of any Musky Guys yet.So get out the oars and old wooden skiff, Clamp a Supreme or some such on your old Heddon Pal, spool up with some black silk or nylon tie on a Dowagiac or some other 5 hook thingy and go at it. Sounds like fun, not as a regular diet but I'd like to give it a try.
    By the way my membership in the NFLCC earned me a place in the Hall of Fame up in Hayward. The club asked for some lures for the display they were putting together, I donated three, a Stan-A-Wah,a Pfeiffer Bananna bait and I forget the third. So there I am, probably the only way I'll ever get there, but there nevertheless.
    Tom

I still use some older lures... sometimes they even work.

Speaking of "old" stuff, I was recently breaking down and reassembling a Revo Toro 60. The old 6500C is a lot easier and quicker to work perform similar work on. I think I could spend a half-day doing a complete job on one Revo Toro reel.

Do Spoonplugs qualify, put me down for a 51",he he
    Congratulations Tom!
    Last edited by jerryb; 07-15-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Jerry Borst
    Spoonplugger/Instructor
    Heavy Duty Lure Retrievers
    http://spoonplug.net/spoonplug/lure_retriever.html
    csijerryb@gmail.com

Interesting you donated a Stan-A-Wah, my ex-father in law (God rest his soul) from Stevens Point made those lures. I have a couple that are only used once to cast off the pier to see what kind of action they had, pretty cool lures.

Nice to know his lures are sitting in the Hall of Fame, he would be proud to know that.

Nicely Done Tom......Congratulations.

This way we can all enjoy those cool old baits. Thanks....

If you really want to do it the Old Way, no batteries in the boat. This means no electric start motor, which means a small one. No trolling motor which means oars. No GPS, and No Locator. Now let's see how many you catch!!!!