Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big accidental musky

Big accidental musky

Was walleye fishing and we hooked into this beast... put up a nice 7 minute fight on some light line and a light pole for musky...

enjoy the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2KgsZVV1wA

I did not enjoy that video

Just curious what kind of hat camera you were using, it had a real nice clear picture.

Thumbs up on the video, that was neat! It sure is a joy watching someone that knows how to fight a fish on lighter tackle. Loved the netting too. I've been there, was out fishing walleyes with my "butterfly" net along when my friend tied into a 46" pike that absolutely created havoc. Good job!

Yes nice video, and excellent net job with a small net. I seem to run into a few each spring while jigging for Walleyes and I'm usually alone, mostly try a water release if possible, but do land some with a Boga. Good work.
    Tom

Always gotta be people that just have to be aholes towards the folks that caught the fish. Does it make you feel better somehow?

Nice job on playing the fish out and getting it back in the water! Cool video!

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishskis View Post
    Always gotta be people that just have to be aholes towards the folks that caught the fish. Does it make you feel better somehow?

Nice job on playing the fish out and getting it back in the water! Cool video!
    thanks guys, and thanks for the back up Ifishskis... been getting a lot of crap from people saying the fish died and that we should have kept it in the water... what they dont know is that it was a successful release and that we were on the detroit river in a 16 foot aluminum, which makes it dangerous to lean over the edge to unhook such a large fish... you fall in and the undertow will take you right under

Quote Originally Posted by voice_of_reason View Post
    I did not enjoy that video
    im glad you enjoyed it!

Many words for this "musky video", but when words are many, sin is not absent, and he who holds his tongue is wise.

--Frazier

Clearly my reason for disliking the video was lost on some.

I dont like seeing nice fish flipping around in the bottom of a boat.

I get that the guy wasn't targeting them, and that's why he didn't have the proper tools, but it still sucks to see a video of it, in my opinion.