Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drifter Tackle

Drifter Tackle

I ordered an 8" Musky Mania Jake and a 6" Lil' Ernie from this website on June 15th. I sent an email last week asking if the order had shipped and was given the reply. "Not yet. Orders take 7-10 days to process." ????? What takes 7-10 days before anyting is even shipped? Anybody else have a similar experience?

Quote Originally Posted by robert3409 View Post
    I ordered an 8" Musky Mania Jake and a 6" Lil' Ernie from this website on June 15th. I sent an email last week asking if the order had shipped and was given the reply. "Not yet. Orders take 7-10 days to process." ????? What takes 7-10 days before anyting is even shipped? Anybody else have a similar experience?
    "This" website? I presume you are referring to Drifter's website. It's likely that one or both of the lures, in the colors you ordered, was/were not in stock. In manufacturing, they're not going to interrupt the process just to produce a single lure of a certain color to fill an order and it may indeed be 7-10 days before what you ordered is in stock again.

In the current economy I know that several lure manufacturers are maintaining minimum stocks of their products. (I am not speaking specifically about Drifter with this statement.)
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I caught a nice sized muskie on a little ernie. The lure leaked after that. I called them up and with no hassle they sent me out a new one right away. Those guys are ok in my book. Sam

Yes by "this" website I was referring to the website mentioned in my post title, Drifter Tackle. Sorry for any confusion. I'm not bashing any company here I just find it hard to believe that it takes 7-10 days to "process" anything. Even the government moves faster than that. BTW it's nearly two weeks since my order was placed and no sign of anyting yet. They did, however, charge my CC the day the order was placed. That didn't take 7-10 days to process.

I have had great luck dealing with Zach at drifter tackle,hes gotten me lures and different paintjobs that i only found through their website and have been very happy with turnaround times.

I went to Rollie & Helen's last weekend to buy some Lil Ernies and the whole ERC/Drifter/Musky Mania section of the place was wiped out. Mostly empty pegs with a few lures left. Guy at the register said it'd been 3 weeks since they had received an order from them and they order every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Fuller View Post
    I have had great luck dealing with Zach at drifter tackle,hes gotten me lures and different paintjobs that i only found through their website and have been very happy with turnaround times.
    I have had great service from Drifter.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to address the questions and comments on this thread. First, I want to thank everyone for their kind words. We work extremely hard everyday to continue to keep putting out quality musky tackle. The first half of this year has been undoubtably the busiest we have ever been at Drifter. We remain committed to producing 100% of our products here in the United States. Having said that, we typically are able to keep up with demand. However, this year we have experienced demand that has outpaced our production. In an effort to catch up, we have added additional employees over the past three months. Our painters are painting six days a week, and we have even had employees taking work home at night to try help catch back up. Please let me emphasize that we are focused on keeping everyone happy and stocked with product. We will continue to work as hard as you guys will let us. If there is anything we have missed, or anyone we have let down, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at zach@driftertackle.com.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Zach Stechschulte
    National Sales Manager
    Drifter Tackle Inc.

Hey Zach awesome to hear you guys are doing all you can to keep it in the USA it doesn't happen often enough.Love the products and can't wait for the rest of Ty's line especially the creeptonite.A little wait is worth keeping the jobs here.Russ

This is exactly what I like to see, and what this country needs more of. I don't mine paying a little extra to a company that is dedicated to employing US citizens here at home. The fishing industry, and basically manufacturing as a whole would rather put American workers out on the street so they can make a little extra money. Drifter Tackle, St. Croix, Sage, Thomas and Thomas, Winston and other companies prove that companies can not only stay in business by employing American workers, they can make a profit.
    Thank you Drifter Tackle for helping America recover.

Mike