Thread: Weather Trumped on Saturday??

Weather Trumped on Saturday??

Don't know about the rest of you, but Saturday (late morning) after what seemed like the month-long drought of the Sahara Desert...The rains came to SE Wisconsin and what seemed like a similar desert of musky action turned into a fairly glorious fish catching morning. I also noticed that a bass tournament on my lake had the guys busy with their nets too. The fish bit from first light and then kept it up till the rain started at 11:00 and I had to go. Guys always like to say "Weather Trumps All" and I sure agree. Just curious if others saw the same thing and agree it was for the same reason. Honestly, it's been a bit of a tough start of the season for me but I felt like a legendary angler out there!!

We had that weather on Friday/Saturday. i was up in Eagle river fishing the chain and the action picked up... Everything was so small thou.. but i think that chain is famous for smaller fish. But you could tell, the weather was perfect for some action. On sunday a whole different story. North wind, cooler, sunny and we didn't see a fish all day.

While I needed family time this weekend and skipped the Pro-MAC held on the South chain, it is clearly interesting to note that 46 teams caught 32 fish, when 70 teams the prior week in the Classic on the North chain only got 26. One week apart virtually the same sort of guys (and many of the exact same guys) went from close to 70 angler hours per fish down to 43 angler hours per fish on water that is actually connected although not totally alike. I'd say it was CLEARLY the weather that was different!