Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So What's the Deal with Andy Myers Lodge?

RE: So What's the Deal with Andy Myers Lodge?

you're probably hearing from somebody who heard this or that .... LOL, and yes, you are missing out.

Well Brian, the trip "could" have been "more super" if two good fish that I had on would have stuck. Boatside stuff is crazy...crazy fun that is! I did get a 52.5, 47.5 (solo in the boat) and several almost, or tickling, the 40" mark. That's what I'm liking more and more on Eagle is the variety of year class fish. And yes, I did have two "Legal on Eagle" fish going, one which nipped and snapped a few times, but I couldn't get her to commit...tanks.
    Despite the butt ugly weather (cold and rain every day), there were several other fish in camp over 50, inlcuding one 53". Several in the 48-49" range. Camp was not full and there were a fair amount of groups into walleyes and fly ins too, so it's not like it was a full camp of muskie fisherman.

I only wish I was still there....

i heard the fish are programmed to just follow and you never really get a chance to catch any jim/brian. can't remember where i heard it, but i heard it enough from guys who heard it that it must be true.

Sled...are you heading up with Cory and the group? I'd like to beleive that I'm going after any angle I can to try and get back up, but not sure if I can pull it off???

I'm going up with the Madison guys on the 29th and as of right now I'm fishing solo like you did Jim, let me know if you can make it.

Sounds like you did well as you usually do Jim, I was up on LOTW last week so I know what you are saying about the weather

LOL SLED!

in all seriousness Cold Front, I would have to say that what you heard is not true. It is true that your boatside mechanics on Eagle have to be better then in most places, but I don't go up there twice a year so I can get teased and come home and talk about all the follows I had.

at this point no and it's killin' me ... i did however just escape the prison of financial woes and climb back into the saddle of my own economic recovery program so i should be back on track soon. i'd love to do a surprise trip if the right things come together so i'm a definite no/maybe/wish i could go/awe crap i oughta just go ... kind of mind-set.

are you thinking of going that week?

I'm honestly just dreaming right now guy's...no clue. I'm not going out west this fall elk hunting, so I have a little extra vacation. But I did sink my teeth into a small lease over in Buffalo county, so I'll be spending more fall time over there. (heading over this weekend to hang some stands....ouch! Looks like 90++ degrees...last week I wore all the clothes I had and this weekend, I'd like to shed all the clothes I have...)

If I were to make up my mind, I'll holler out...

have fun Jim ... it's 67 degrees here today. my new gig starts on the 17th and i'll be pretty busy and back on the international road but this time i'll be going back-and-forth to costa rica which will be a much nicer destination than asia ...

"Eagle fish just follow"

Sometimes that is the truth. But, as stated, if your boatside skills are on...you can get them to eat!! One trip there was a guy in camp that was ALL OVER the fish. He couldn't do a fig 8 to save himself...and lost out..a lot! I have had good teachers of the 8...and it pays off...on that trip of the 9 I hooked, 7 were in the 8. Have to trip them!

Hey Sled...you should jump in with Brian...he is a great fisherman (just getting back from one week on LOTW, heading to Eagle for a week PRIOR to our trip) and he gets some serious water time. Would be a great reason to go!

Jim would love to have you up again brotha!

can't wait...AML is a awesome place to stay...great location...great people...and there is this short little SOB that runs the place ( Love ya Herbie!).

Cory

Riverpromusky

Im booking a trip up north for next spring/summer and thinking of going with AML. when and where are the best places/and times?