Thread: New rod and Reel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cedar Rapids Iowa although spend a lot of time at the cabin in Rusk co WI

New rod and Reel

Hey guys, new to the forum.
    I have fished musky for several years mostly with a collection of gear I got from my uncle. I am looking to add a long rod to my set up. This will be used mainly for 9 and 10 inch suicks.
    I heard TI is coming out with a 2 piece 9 footer (two piece is critical to me at the moment) and I am trying to find a reel to go with it for around $200. What reel should I get I was thinking a calcuta 400b but am open to options.

Cedar Rapids Iowa although spend a lot of time at the cabin in Rusk co WI
    Really, nobody has a reel suggestion?

I see Revo Toro 60s and 50s on Ebay for 200$ or so all the time. I own 2 of them and love them. They cast a mile have a 5.4:1 gear ratio and have given me zero problems. The low profile is also very comfortable in your hands. I am guessing the reason you haven't gotten more replies is this isn't in the general discussion forum which is the most used. If I hadn't seen it on the forum selection screen as the latest post I wouldn't have known it was here. Hope this helps

do you want a low profile or round? have had good experience with the Abu record and Shimano Cardiff