Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Fishing Licence??

How many fishermen and women travel to multiple states to fish? I would guessimate that the number is 1 in 50...or higher. VERY few people have the resources (read $$) to have the toys and undertake the travels that the junkman has and does.

Very simply no! No state would go for it b/c the government would decide the winners and losers. People that don't fish outside their state would see a dramatic increase and would be against it. It's convienient for the traveling fisherman, but with online purchasing they can get them ahead of time.

On another note my daughter who loves to fish is turning 16 this year and will need a fishing licence on her birthday, for $300 I can get her a lifetime licence but without a fee increase she will be 33 years old before it breaks even.
    So what do you think is it worth it?

But, why not a regional license? Right now, I buy and Ohio resident ($19), Kentucky annual non-resident ($50) and West Virginia non resident ($50). If i could buy a tri-state permit for less, that would be great.

My boat registration is good in all states, my truck and trailer licenses work everywhere, and the federal highway money always seems to flow; why can't they do that with hunting and fishing? m

Exactly Mikie, just like your drivers license, could be valid every where you go.

Quote Originally Posted by happy hooker View Post
    The FBI could do creel census

The IRS could collect fines. No wait,that's national healthcare. Sorry

I get a couple of different state licenses. No interest in this unless you still purchased your state license, and for an extra fee, it was made valid nationwide.

I want the money I pay for the base license to go to Wisconsin, period. The money for a national license would pay for people to enter the info on a computer, not stocking and management.

Never Never Never give money to the federal government ,,, it'll end up paying off interest payments on US Bonds to the Bank of China ------