Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gobble-gobble-gobble-OWWW!

Gobble-gobble-gobble-OWWW!

The OWWW is giving the turkey the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think it would feel a thing.

25 yards, Primos Jellyhead choke, Hevi-shot 3.5". Counted 209 hits in an 8" target.

Anybody else as fired up to go turkey hunting as I am?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gobble.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	240  
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

I can't wait, but am afraid of what this weather we are having this spring will bring. Regardless it will be a fun hunt in SW WI!

With that kind of pattern I sure hop you hit it in the head and not the chest otherwise you'll just have legs to eat! Two more weeks before I get to go!

Watched two big strutters this morning , I think they were saying "come stick a arrow in me " or they could have been saying "stick that arrow up ,,,,,,,,,,,,," LOL another two weeks and I will know for sure

Can't wait for tomorrow morning.only have 2 days to hunt before heading to Minn. show.....Did some scouting saw a few birds can't believe how bad the ticks are already.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hanson View Post
    Can't wait for tomorrow morning.only have 2 days to hunt before heading to Minn. show.....Did some scouting saw a few birds can't believe how bad the ticks are already.
    Jeff Hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com
    We've been picking ticks off the dog quite regularly, including a couple we've missed and they've turned into gray "jelly beans"! In fact, my wife took him to the vet today because we think he caught Lyme's disease.

I've been wearing Cabela's Bug Skinz as an undergarment the past few years and it's great. Ticks can't get under it ... but you've got to go with the full suit, including the hood. Otherwise ticks just crawl up it until they get to your hair line. The only thing the Skinz won't work on is mosquitoes because they'll poke right through, and for them you need a ThermaCell.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Repel Permethrin works AWESOME for keeping ticks away. Goes on your clothes, not skin. Won't go turkey hunting without it. I've not had one tick on me since using it. And the land I turkey hunt is crawling with ticks. Tom

So it appears that you will be going for the plaster replica head on your turkey mount I love turkey hunting, but drew a 3% chance non-res Kodiak Island Goat tag this year after 4 yrs applying, and was approved for a walrus harvest tag in Hall Beach, Nunavut this summer. Owwwwwwwwwwww is right!

I'll be going. I start a week from today. I can't wait its become quite a tradition for me and a few buddies that originally all bonded because of muskies the killing of a turkey has become simply a bonus. the comradarie that we all have is the stuff that memories are made of. the food that is consumed is typically all stuff that was shot or caught by members of our group.

StormyK

Quote Originally Posted by StormyK View Post
    I'll be going. I start a week from today. I can't wait its become quite a tradition for me and a few buddies that originally all bonded because of muskies the killing of a turkey has become simply a bonus. the comradarie that we all have is the stuff that memories are made of. the food that is consumed is typically all stuff that was shot or caught by members of our group.

StormyK
    Sounds like our camp. Three of us (John, Jordan and me) fished muskies together and somebody had the idea that we should start hunting turkeys together. Add Jordan's dad (who also fishes muskies and has caught some good fish with me) and Jordan's brother, Eric, whose house we invade for five days. (Thank God his wife Kim is understanding of us!)

Dinner menu: country fried venison steak, venison brats, venison backstraps, and hopefully, deep fried turkey. Lunch? Venison summer sausage.
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

awesome day yesterday.. 7:35am 25lb 10 inch beard 1 inch spurs. first tom for me! came in on a string right to the deke after a few soft purrs and clucks on the slate call. sw wisconsin.