Thread: Lure info Needed

Lure info Needed

I'm looking for info on a minnow bait that my dad picked up in the Cave Run Area years ago . It had the number 006 on it. Thanks

How about posting a picture?

006 Lure

Quote Originally Posted by Labdaddy3 View Post
    I'm looking for info on a minnow bait that my dad picked up in the Cave Run Area years ago . It had the number 006 on it. Thanks
    LABDADDY3, I am new to the MH forum and just read your question so if you have already received an answer I apologize. The 006 lure is manufactured by AC shiner. This lure as well as the 00 crank bait have been used to catch muskies for years on Cave Run Lake. Not sure if many musky tackle shops carry any more but they can be found at ACSHINER.COM.

It may be from the 007 lure company. Google it. They are sold at Crash's landing.
    Last edited by SMRanger619; 01-19-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Without photo support I am pretty sure TNT nailed it. 006 is an AC Shiner balsa wood bait model number, made in Okeana Ohio for many years, these lures have quite a following amongst many regional competitive bass anglers... they make a big floating twitch, 00 maybe, the number escapes me, but a very effective lure they make few of... soft wood can make moving the hooks tougher on a big fish, but that subtle high floating action gets bit.
    Fin-Addict