Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News from the Fox Chain??

Ahhhh, nice choice.....

and I know that flagpole spot well...very cool.
    We need another 2 weeks or so......then The Chain starts jumpin.

hope I run into you out there sometime Marty....I might just have one those frosty-colds in my livewell for you....

I hope the packer flag was displayed properly at half staff!0723

OK, I went back on Saturday and have another update. The Thirsty Turtle had a lunch special: Grilled Cheese sandwich (perfect for us cheeseheads) and a cup of soup (I picked the clam chowder...yummmmm) for FIVE BUCKS! This is the first thing I have experienced in Bear country that was not overpriced. Great deal, really satisfying and a cute sassy server...Like Arnold used to say, "I'll be back."

Let us know when you actually see a musky and then I will pull the boat out of storage. Truth be told, I may be going tomorrow, but I see that they have added the word WINDY to the forecast on top of this cold front.

was out on the chain this weekend. Fishing is still slow. Saturday we stuck mainly to the shallow bays and creek channels n saw 2 30"ers caught. My buddy had two hits on a JB Rattler, but nothing hooked up. Sunday we had 2 more hits yet failed again to hook up.. one a minidussa and the other on a baby depthraider. We saw 3-4 fish in the shallows catchn some sun, and all were a lil beat up..We had to leave early at noon and in the last couple hours we decided to move a little deeper about 15-20' of water and had 5 follows all on babydepth raiders.

Saturday was a beautiful Spring day on the water, quite a few boats with "standing up" anglers, but I neither saw a fish nor anyone else with one either. Did see one old guy soooooo into a figure eight that he must have seen one. I did better the previous Saturday when I had one fairly serious follow, saw a second fish take a pretty good swing and a miss, and did actually catch the third fish--although clearly nothing to post a picture of. I will likely go back a week from Saturday for the first Ironman event of the year.

This cool front won't help the bite, and most fish are going through the spawning rituals. Water temps are running around 55 up to 58, still chilly.
    Yesterday was a little breezy and cool, didn't see much. had alot of water to myself. The Corona stayed cold all day. Catherine and Channel have nice clean water, but in general the water levels are running 18-24 inches low.
    Warmer night temps, and some warm rain. Bingo.