Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News from the Fox Chain??

News from the Fox Chain??

Just curious if there is any news coming from the Fox Chain? It's obviously warm enough to fish, the season is open there and SE Wisconsin won't be open for another 7-8 weeks. I did have my boat in the Milwaukee River casting for pike and noticed the temps have gone from 37 all the way to 61 degrees in just the last ten days.

Marty,
    A friend of mine was down there this weekend and got 2 low thirtys fish on MF Shads from muskytrain, said water was very muddy. ranged 54 deg to 60deg
    Good luck,
    Jeff hanson
    madisonmuskyguide.com

Thanks Jeff, I'm thinking of taking a drive down one day this week!

Quote Originally Posted by junkman View Post
    Thanks Jeff, I'm thinking of taking a drive down one day this week!

Why not.....everyone else has.

get in the Conga Line.

Hey, nobody who fishes Pewaukee Lake every week all summer long needs to learn protocol of the Conga Line. When we do it, we actually have Harry Belafonte singing "Day-o" in person, handing you a banana while you wait your turn! Day...mesay Day, mesay Day, mesay Day-mesay Day-OOO!

Junkman I fished the fox chain this weekend. The water was definately very muddy. It was my first time fishing the chain for muskies. I fished pistakee lake and some of fox lake. I was told by some buddys the northern lakes are better this time of year. Needless to say I didnt move a fish. But it still beat sitting on the couch watching musky videos over and over and over and over again. lol Goodluck Im heading down south to Spring Lake North this weekend my buddy really wants to go to Shabbona but the last time I was there it was me and about 195 other boats. Goodluck

I heard someone caught 2 fish in the lower 30's last Saturday. I'm gonna try to get out there this weekend and give it a shot.

OK, So I took the drive down there yesterday: The good news...85 degrees and sunny, very little boat traffic, a couple of bars are open, found a really decent 1/3 pound cheeseburger with greasy fries a frosty cold Corona. Just terrific to be musky fishing again this early in the year...did I say 85 degrees and sunny?? Really, really nice day! Fish? No, we didn't see a fish...but did I say 85 degrees and sunny and that the Corona was frosty cold???

What kind of cheese? Grilled onions?

Given a choice of three, I picked Swiss and raw onions. And, forgot the best part of the day...One of the nice homes on one of the northern lakes had a big ole flag pole in the yard. Stars and Stripes properly on top then the Green and Gold Packers flag right below that where it belongs even in IL.