Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Manroom

My room (16x18) includes one wall with all my fishing rods - 8 musky, 4 walleye and 3 bass on a vertical rack, a second wall has my skiis - downhill, cross country snow shoes and golf clubs on another vertical rack, a third wall has my work desk with huge bulletin board that has calenders and memorabilia, two wall mounted cabinets and closed storage unti with fishing and ski clothes and, a fourth wall has a 12 foot open metal storage unit with all my other fishing, skiing and boat supplies. Around the room are 2 musky prints, 3 ski posters, wall mounted TV and refrigerator. In the middle is a freestanding heavy duty work table with room to work on lures, rods and reels etc.

My Man Cave has a very comfy sofa, love seat and ottoman for lounging. A 55 inch flat panel for the viewing pleasure. Three walls have Scott Zoellick signed prints and on the fourth hangs a 52 incher Laxs did for me.

rnovak

Every house should have a wall of Flashabou! I have a mini setup like esoxfly. I have an old stereo system where I play recorded sounds of assorted power tools and hammering noises so my wife thinks I'm working down there.

My man room is the whole house too. Keep posting the pictures, men, the house is looking better to the wife all the time!!
    Just kidding. She wants to get a replica fish mount for herself, too. I don't know where we will put it though. Already have 1 whitetail buck, 1 6 point whitetail rack, 1 Giant Canada Goose, drake and hen mallards, 1 Gobbler in half-strut on a cedar limb, 1 Drake Hooded Merganser, 1 Drake Common Merganser, drake Wigeon, Black Duck, Hybrid cross between a mallard and black duck, drake wood duck, canvasback drake, a snipe, a bunch of turkey fans in the basement and assorted waterfowl prints.
    So........keep posting, I need all the help I can get

Our entire new house is more or less turning into a man-room. (I know I'm going to pay for this someday, but so far Connie loves it.) The great room has two deer heads, a carved loon, a moose shed antler, two whitetail shed antlers, antler lamps, antler chandelier, a bear rug draped over the loft's railing, and the following art: Legacy Loons by James Meger, Alert: Whitetail Deer by Maynard Reece, and Shallow Water Musky by Scott Zoellick. If I kill a big enough moose when I hunt them in 2013 the head will replace one of the whitetail heads.

The downstairs TV room has a deer head, a replica musky by Rick Lax, and "Narrow Escape" by Garett Shipman. And I'm not done yet ...

The only contention is Connie has set a limit of two deer heads in the great room, or one moose head and one deer head. I think the tongue-in-groove cedar along the edge of the loft would look great with a lineup of deer heads, and I figure a dozen or so would look GREAT there. (I have to shoot them first, but it's good to have goals.)
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

So here's my latest addition to my manroom

Now maybe Juhas will figure out who's been having fun at his expense for the last few months on here.

Sorry Chris, it was either you or Bette as my target, I flipped a coin and you won, or maybe you lost. All in good fun. I will stop now.

StormyKClick image for larger version. 

Name:	jake.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	329

Really we'll see.
    "Hey what did I ever do to you?"

What? StormyK is Oneida Esox is Dane Esox is Mr. flip flop and visor is Stellflue?!!!??

Can we say multiple personality disorder?

Anyway, after reading this thread I realized I too have a man room...actually two. The first is a 3 season room off the basement trimmed in knotty pine with four bow kill whitetail mounts (the two biggest are my wife's), one european whitetail, my bear hide and skull, turkey fan with beards and spurs from dead fowl, air photo of the in-laws farm, a couple news articles, and 26-8 x 10 photos of various fish. My second is my "scent free shed" which is a garden shed I keep all my hunting clothing and stands in so they are scent free (or as scent free as possible). It has a loft for my turkey decoys, climbing sticks, blinds and stands, along with a bow tuning station.

Oh, and Stormy, nice snow goose.

Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by J_Weeks View Post

Oh, and Stormy, nice snow goose.

Jordan

My thought was "Who would mount a chicken" and then hang it over a TV broadcasting another Brewers loss?
    Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com

Steve, just curious? Where are you moose hunting? Tom