Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Manroom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Manroom

So I'm sitting in my manroom watching Keyes and now The Muskyhunter and I was wondering what's in your manroom?

I've got 4 shoulder mounts, one European mount. Several racks on boards. Three musky prints, three whitetail prints. A well stocked fridge. Two couches, a recliner, by the fireplace a 50 inch flat screen.

So I ask you, What's in your manroom????

StormyK

StormyK ----- think I will model my new cavern after your setup ,,, sounds perfect ,,, my current man-room is 18 feet long, 84 inches wide, 4-stroke motor, and is trailerable (lol) ,,,, my old man-room was imperfect because she kept invading and giving me projects ,,,,,, hahaha ----- jim

Books and a rod rack.

1 Sofa, 2 Jim Bortz prints, a hodge podge of spaghetti western posters. Assorted chevrolet and mopar service manuals. Latest re read is 'Beneath the Surface' by Bruce Carlson

My man room is really my whole house. I have a three bedroom, and two are fly tying/rod building/gear storage, guitar playing. The third is actually for sleeping and...well....

Living room- muskie replica, four deer, body parts from three different whales (yes, as in grey whales) three moose sheds, tails and beards from all my turkeys, framed 8x10's of my top 5 fish from the last four years.

Lemme get some better pics and I'll post them later...

I wish I had a man room, then the walls should be decorated with my Pink Floyd and Star Wars posters, and I would find a way to display all my collectors lures

The "Man Cave" is a 10'x14' cabin about 100 yards behind the lake cabin. It is pretty rustic, with an oak table and chairs, a wood stove, a recliner, an AM/FM radio, a loft with a bed, a cribbage board and a fully stocked bar.

The walls are decorated with walleye and grouse mounts, old photos, old postcards, old metal signs, and an assortment of fishing/hunting books. It's a great place - I love to retreat out there for a few hours to read and relax. Gazing out the windows you will see quite a few whitetails, and I found the youngster in the grass out back last spring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC2.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	189   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BunkHouse.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	190   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC3.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	191   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MC4.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	192  
    Last edited by dfkiii; 03-10-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Here's my tying room.

Tying table, I designed and my grandpa built for me entirely from quartersawn oak from our property in IN. I only keep my "current" material needs at the ready on the walls and in the drawers. My third bedroom and part of my garage are for storage of materials and components not currently used much-fine hackle for trout flies, chenile, rods I've not built yet, etc.

Same with flies, I only store muskie, pike and some bass flies in my tying room. All other flies are stacked out in the garage.

My beloved wall of Flashabou, and it's a family site, so I "censored" the ladies on my other wall...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3110572.jpg 
Views:	500 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	193   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3110573.jpg 
Views:	439 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	194   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3110575.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3110574.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3110576.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	38.7 KB 
ID:	197  

Quote Originally Posted by esoxfly View Post
    Here's my tying room.

Tying table, I designed and my grandpa built for me entirely from quartersawn oak from our property in IN. I only keep my "current" material needs at the ready on the walls and in the drawers. My third bedroom and part of my garage are for storage of materials and components not currently used much-fine hackle for trout flies, chenile, rods I've not built yet, etc.

Same with flies, I only store muskie, pike and some bass flies in my tying room. All other flies are stacked out in the garage.

My beloved wall of Flashabou, and it's a family site, so I "censored" the ladies on my other wall...

Wow ! That is one sweet setup.

My room (16x18) includes one wall with all my fishing rods - 8 musky, 4 walleye and 3 bass on a vertical rack, a second wall has my skiis - downhill, cross country snow shoes and golf clubs on another vertical rack, a third wall has my work desk with huge bulletin board that has calenders and memorabilia, two wall mounted cabinets and closed storage unti with fishing and ski clothes and, a fourth wall has a 12 foot open metal storage unit with all my other fishing, skiing and boat supplies. Around the room are 2 musky prints, 3 ski posters, wall mounted TV and refrigerator. In the middle is a freestanding heavy duty work table with room to work on lures, rods and reels etc.