Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brand new fishing show on the sportmans channel

Brand new fishing show on the sportmans channel

Catch ya in the Bluegrass with Crash and Justin Mullins. It is a multi-species show filmed from Kentucky to Canada featuring muskie,stripers,and walleye. The main airing will be on Sundays at 12:30 eastern on the sportsmans channel. If you want to catch Show 1 of 13 it will be aired again Thursday 8:30am eastern. Show 1 is muskie fishing at Cave run.
    Last edited by James Cucco; 12-27-2011 at 11:01 PM.

James you must be the shows offical spokesperson, as I saw your post on another site as well. I'll start by saying that I know Crash and respect what he's done for the sport of musky fishing in the south, but as for the show? Didn't hit the mark with me.... A little to Roland Martin does musky for my tastes. We need to hear "son" a few hundred times less for starters!

If I can be constructive for a moment....segment one has 1 fish caught and we need to show 5 min of boatside release? Really did we have to measure that fish on camera as well? Segment 2 I don't remember and I watched it yesterday! Segment 3 just didn't inspire me either, sure a fish was caught on a buzz bait, but that's it.

I'm happy to see that Crash is doing better, but he made mention (or I jumped to the conclusion) during a tackle tip that some of this tape has been shot since 2007 when he was diagnosed and there will be shots with hair and breard and not. So would it be safe to assume that he'd had multiple years of tape to pick and this was the cream for show #1?

That being said...I'll continue to watch because there aren't enough fishing shows out there to begin with, but I may just turn the volume down when Justin is teaching southern ebonics.

Mr. Mich:

I am not an offical spokesperson, just good friend like you are with Jim. I didn't know every post I made on the world wide web was being accounted for. Let me start out by saying these blogs are monitored and if I voice my opinion most likely this whole thread would be pulled. I know everyone has opinions but if you've ever talked with either Crash or Justin they have a southern accent and being from the south, they do speak a little different then us northeners. So "son" comes naturally to them, it's not an act. Your conclusion about Crash is in error. He is in Arkansas right now receiving treatment and preparing for a second stem cell transplant. He has no hair or beard today, but that is just temporary. The hair comes and goes with the treatment. This is all new footage. This is season 2, I watched season one and thought is was great so I am sure there is more great footage to look forward to.

As far as the segments go, segment 1 was a four footer..segment 2 was the tip of the week segment 3 was great footage of a close up topwater strike utilizing the tip about the buzz baits that Crash had just explained.
    I agree with you, there are not enough fishing shows out there, that's why I posted so others could simply enjoy a new show. Thanks for watching and continuing to watch. I am sure they appreciate that you will continue to watch because I know I will.

James

Beautiful.what is the name of the show?catch ya in the bluegrass. I see that is the name .I think James is right we from the north just dont get it.I watched the trailer looks like a great show.0723
    Last edited by 0723; 12-28-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Well first James you can push the hairs back down on the back of your neck. If you'd like to cuss me out some..(johncmich@hotmail.com), otherwise take what I said as constuctive criticism. As for Crash's health...I'm sorry that he is still battling this terrible desease but I certainly didn't claim in my first post he was cancer free right?

That leaves me to the show and the southern "speak". James I didn't question the 4 footer measured on air vertical...great fish, nor did I question the other fish in the show at the end. It was everything in between that made me scratch my head. As for the "son" every two seconds? Im from the north, and f@@k is a big part of my verbiage...funny though never on film.

As I said I will continue to watch with the hope of gleening some information and hope of entertainment.
    Last edited by J_Mich; 12-28-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Is itses open season on providingeses "constuctive criticism" on existing musky fishing showses or justsee the new onelinerses?

Smile, You're On Musky Hunter T.V...

http://66.133.129.5/~ddfenner/

anybody see the new mission impossible??? I dont want to throw $10 at it based only on the tv ads

Have at it Dave!

As for the M.I. film no, but the new Sherlock Holmes was very good.

With all dueses respect Mr. Mich, I don't know if Frank is up to meses critiques on this public forumses.

Not to say Frank is against customer feedbackeeses, but until the likeseeses of himses says it's ok to open up theses can of wormses, I can only defer to one of the longest running fishing T.V showses as a model of historieses for Frank and company to forseeses.

Back in the day, two Chicagoeans started a magazine that evolved into prime timer T.Vses show and in theses history lesson, what started out as wonderful magaziner print ended up being a print job of the T.Vses showses. This format pretty muchsee exists today - not saying the print job doesn't offer tillie willie tidbits of info not seen on the T.V air wayses - am saying though the choice of consumer purchase of T.V show reprint in the magazine akin to the heavy weight decision to purchase a subscription lead meses to cancel.

Atleastsee until theses twoses left and the current crowd ala Stangelessness opted me to re-subscribeses because of on air view displeasureses.

So, what is to say hereses. Is the T.V showses the horsee and the magazine the cart or can both existsee and prosper without dispairses to some of meses dearly belovedses?

Smile, You're On Musky Hunter T.V...

http://66.133.129.5/~ddfenner/

Obviously Dave I'm not muzzeled as some choose to be here.... nor do I take kindly to censorship, which is the reason MF is so vanilla. That being said, what are you talking about?

As for critiquing MHTV...speak where you'll be heard...just do it in a way that can be read
    Last edited by J_Mich; 12-28-2011 at 07:08 PM.