Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 60x29 from the St. Lawrence!

testkjkkjkkkjk

Hello everyone,

Daniel Polniak Jr. of Ogdensburg NY was the first time musky angler who did a fantastic job landing this fish.

It has been a life time goal of mine to land a 60" musky on my boat. On Sunday my dream came true.

Here are some of the details.

I measured the fish. The measurements are true. The fish was 60" long with a girth of 29-1/2".

One of my customers was taking photos in the middle of a wind and rain storm. I asked him to make sure to get the measurements but he was not successful.

I was working on the fish and was not concerned with checking the photos at the time. Seconds seem like minutes and seconds count when one of these big fish are not in the water breathing.

We finished with the photos and I actually ran forward and grabbed my sling and scales in order to weigh the fish. When I looked at the fish my experience told me that I needed to get her back in the water before she died. I have always loved these fish and they get my full respect. She was not hooked bad and was in perfect shape. She was a giant, had fought hard and long. Although I fully intended on taking her to put all this controversy to rest I just couldn't do it.

I hope you understand that things are much different when you are the one holding one of these magnificent giants.

Maybe next time.

Good fishing to you all. Thanks for all your nice comments.
    Last edited by Capt. Rich; 11-29-2011 at 12:55 PM.

That is a tremendous fish. The head is enormous! If you had kept it, it would have been ok in my book. As far as I am concerned, the controversy is over. Releasing it shows your respect for the fishery and your confidence as a fisherman. If possible, I hope to see the replica at the Chicago Muskie Show.

Congrarts on truly the fish of a life time!

rnovak

Administrator
    That's one big, beautiful fish!

would love to see the pic but this F%*%ing site keeps logging me out when I click on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Rich View Post
    hello everyone,

daniel polniak jr. Of ogdensburg ny was the first time musky angler who did a fantastic job landing this fish.

It has been a life time goal of mine to land a 60" musky on my boat. On sunday my dream came true.

Here are some of the details.

I measured the fish. The measurements are true. The fish was 60" long with a girth of 29-1/2".

One of my customers was taking photos in the middle of a wind and rain storm. I asked him to make sure to get the measurements but he was not successful.

I was working on the fish and was not concerned with checking the photos at the time. Seconds seem like minutes and seconds count when one of these big fish are not in the water breathing.

We finished with the photos and i actually ran forward and grabbed my sling and scales in order to weigh the fish. When i looked at the fish my experience told me that i needed to get her back in the water before she died. I have always loved these fish and they get my full respect. She was not hooked bad and was in perfect shape. She was a giant, had fought hard and long. Although i fully intended on taking her to put all this controversy to rest i just couldn't do it.

I hope you understand that things are much different when you are the one holding one of these magnificent giants.

Maybe next time.

Good fishing to you all. Thanks for all your nice comments.
    ....... Bravo!

http://1000islandsfishing.com/muskie.htm

if anyone else cant see the pics

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisfun View Post
    ....... Bravo!
    Congrats on one beautiful Muskie! Thanks for posting the link ... otherwise I could not have seen this excepional Muskie, very few & far between Fish like this! Great job & kudos for the release. Hope this web-site gets the "bugs" worked out soon, getting to be a P.I.T.A. , Mike.

Thanks Capt Rich, very classy response and actions.

Thanks row troller for posting the picture link. I too, was getting logged out when I tried to look at the pics, then I was staying logged in, but the screen would go gray and the pic never got bigger. Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful fish!
    Vacation rental at Lake of the Falls/Turtle-Flambeau Flowage...
    www.havenbythefalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Haven...16168151750320