Thread: Bondy Bait Giant

Bondy Bait Giant

Hello all....just thought you guys might want to see a nice one caught by my client Mike Podracky today on the Detroit River. We went 13 for 16 all by jigging Bondy's in pearl. We boated 2 over 50" today and did so by jigging yesterday too. 4 over 50" in two days including today's 56 x 23 1/2. This was our 4th 40 lb or bigger this year by jigging Bondy's. Congrats Mike!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56 #1.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	17  

That is an awesome fish. 4 over 40 pounds....wow. It used to be that a 40 pounder was a rare fish on St Clair. They are never easy but let's just say that are more common

Awesome fish and several days! Not that my two cents matter, but over the past three years vetical jigging in the late fall has been just as productive for my group as dragging suckers in northern wisconsin. If you haven't tried vertical jigging during the cold water period you are missing out. Bondy's, bulldawgs, fuzzy duzzits all work well for us for vertical jigging. If you are fishing water that is relatively snag free you can also cast these baits and rip jig them back to the boat with success.

Putting the boat away after this weekend, so Saturday/Sunday might be my last musky trip of the season. Supposed to be 21 to 36 with snow Saturday and 20 to 29 with sun on Sunday. Sounds like perfect late fall musky weather!

rnovak

Or perfect weather to shoot da terdy pointer.

Great job. Your client must have been on top of the world with that fish. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Justin Blanchar; 11-17-2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Justin Blanchar
    Vibrations Tackle, LLC
    http://www.VibrationsTackle.com/

Congrats on another incredible fish. Just can't even begin to guess the number of muskies in the Detroit River right now. Wish I was there!

Very cool, makes a guy wonder about local waters...hmmmm

Administrator
    That's a beautiful fish!

Administrator
    Any other pics?