Thread: Cottage Rental

Cottage Rental

My family owns a Lakehouse on James Lake in Northern Indiana and I suggested that we rent it out to fisherman in the off season months to help pay the mortage. James Lake is a 282 Acre natural lake that is part of the Grassy Creek Chain ( Lake Tippecanoe, James, and Oswego) and home of the Indiana State record musky, 42 lbs 8 oz. Tippecanoe is roughly 800 acres and Oswego is around 100. The lakehouse comfortably sleeps 10 and is with in 5 mins of 2 other musky lakes, Webster Lake and the Barbee Chain. If anyone is even remotely interested please dont hesitate to PM me and i can give you more info.
    Thanks
    -fluff

Rates- 225/nite 1-3 days rental, 200/nite 4-7 days rental
    4 bedrooms, 2 with California King beds, 1 with a queen, 1 with 2 twin beds 2 1/2 baths, full kitchen, gas fireplace pier that can accomodate 4 boats comfortably.

RE: Cottage Rental

Check your PM's!
    Buddy Ellenburg

Take a Kid fishing they'll have a Lifetime of Memories!!

Are all these lakes navigable by decent size boat (say 16 to 18 foot Vee hull)? I know we tried to get to Tippy from the landing on the HWY and couldn't.

I believe 16 foot is the biggest a boat can be going through the locks which connect tippy and barbee. Anyone else know for sure?

Are you asking about getting on all of the lakes? There is a lock just a few hundred yards south of the Public launch at Grassy creek that would get you over to the Barbee Chain. I have never tried it my boat is 18ft with a 150 HP motor, I've been leary to try it. It is only five minutes south on 13 to the public launch on Kuhn lake on for sure to launch easily. If you stay at the cabins you can launch at Grassy Creek or pay $10 a day at Pie Eyed Pete's (what I would do- I have a season pass) there's a good launch, gas and great food! If you fish late and want to eat there get there at 5-6 on Fri. and Sat evenings they fill up quick, then go back out and fish. If you want to fish Webster you go north on 13 a half mile veer right then turn right go a mile your there. Ye Olde Tackle Box in Webster, and Number One Stop right across from Kuhn on 13 Have suckers in the fall and lots of our favorite baits!
    Buddy Ellenburg

Take a Kid fishing they'll have a Lifetime of Memories!!

I wasn't talking about the Barbee Chain (going through the locks). I was talking about all the lakes that were listed above (James Lake, Lake Tippecanoe, and Oswego Lake), are these navigable with a decent boat? I guess I should have tried to make my question more clear?

Yeah Muskienut James,Tippy, and Oswego are are connected with very easy passage regardless the size of the boat.

i finally learned how to check my PM's ..ha