Thread: lac la martre

eyefishermandt

lac la martre

hi there new to here so i was wandering im going to a fly in lake in july lac la martre in the northwest territories any body ever there, good bad?, what lures should i take im very limited to the weight of the tackle box, we are fishing pike and lake trout. any info here would be helpful thanks guys EYEFISHERMAN D.T.

RE: lac la martre

Good lake trout lake and can be a good pike water as well. Spence Petros fished the lake a few years ago with Winkelman and had a great trip.

July up in the NWT will find you fishing large spinner baits in and through cabbage. Good luck.

And when you're ready to take a real pike trip....

www.taltsonbaypike.com.

The guys at Lac la Matre have tried to buy this camp as their pike destination.

eyefishermandt

have you been there or just going buy there videos? they did the banjo minnow commercial there i do know that. did get to talk to mark the owner this past sat. and it definitely looks like i going to have tons of fun with the pike boy i cant wait till then good luck guys EYEFISHERMAN D.T.

No I've never been there, however I've known plenty who have. Again the fishing can be real good and if you've never taken a pike trip like this; the trip of your lifetime.

But then most who I've known that went there now go to Taltson. Draw your own conclusions from that.

And the Winkelman/Petros banjo minnow trip was a June trip.