Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Metro report

Metro report

Fish Friday and Saturday.
    Water temps on Bald Eagle and White Bear both 66-68 degrees
    Weeds look a little behind but still present and growing.
    Friday - fished everything, tried everything and no pattern to report. All we got was 2 bass 3 pike one was about 10#'s

Saturday for the Hartman Tourney
    Switched to Bald Eagle instead of WBL. Tried everything again, and still managed to only catch Pike. I saw one fish hit and roll off a bucktail that I could not tell if it was a pike or musky. Had one on trolling and it must have got a bit of slack and slipped the hooks after about 2 seconds.

RE: Metro report

I fished Forest Lake Sunday morning with not so much as a sniff. We swithched gears that afternoon and tried to put some panfish in the well. While fishig the spawning beds in about 2-3' of water we came up on 2 Musky. One was pushing 40" and the other was around 35". the smaller one nipped at my topwater and followed my brothers suick to the boat but would not commit. Maybe we should be focusing on the shallows right now??

6/18/08 Lake Hariet 6pm-10pm

Raised one fish, about 38-40" twice at 9pm, nothign else seen or heard. Full Moon and water temp 71

beave

53"er on wednesday going into the full moon.

>53"er on wednesday going into the full moon.

Where? wut time? bait? you know just some stuff to help the guys out on here

I got out on the St Croix Friday with the kids.

You could not have asked for a better set up. Sunny nice breeze blowing Surface temp of 80.6 degrees.
    We set up under an eagles nest with a pair of nesting eagles in it. We watched and listen to them argue with their chicks.

We just hammered the Gills and had a ball until the worms ran out.

Tues - Bald Eagle - Temps about 70 - pondweed mostly gone - fish chasing bait off the edges. Got a 38" on a topraider

Wed - Forest - Temps about 72 - still deep pondweed (12-14') some real nice cabbage up in 4-6' - two lazy follows out off the edges - had a mid-40's eat an tiger tube but hooks didn't stick.

Mon - Owasso - Temps 77!! - pretty much all vegetation gone, a fair amount of floating junk. Had one about 40" rush&tailslap a topraider over 20 FOW - did everything but eat it.

Traveling most of the next month - good luck and leave some for me when I get back.

Steve,
    Great report on Owasso. I've been out the last couple of years, without a sniff!!! I was beginning to think they weren't in there anymore. I got a 38" out there about five years ago and that's been about it since then!

Steve

MuskyRoller. I live <5 min from Owasso so I go there a few times year when I don't have time to go anywhere else but need a little time on the water. My sucess has not been great, but do get a fish every now and then. There was nobody else chasing muskies last night but a lot of walleye guys all bunched up near the ski jump. The lake can be good very early in the season (lots of people - not me, and probably not regular musky hunters - target ski's before the opener on this lake) but once they spray the weedkiller it goes caput for a month or two, then the water temps get so high there... Should probably spend more time chasing tigers on Johanna this year, although my success rate there has not been great either.

Steve,
    My review on Johanna is about the same. I've only been out there twice. Once on a cold October day a number of years back. Friend and I caught a bunch of bass, about ten jacks, and 3 small muskies. That was a very good day for a metro lake. The other time in the middle of the summer, out with my uncle, we got skunked...so, I suppose it's hit or miss like any other metro water.

Thanks for the information on Owasso. I try to get out there once or twice a year. I'll probably target it a little more in September and October this year.

Steve