Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOTW Resort Recomendations

LOTW Resort Recomendations

I am planning to head to LOTW next year for some musky fishing and would enjoy any resort recomendations you guys have. I am looking for a family friendly resort that doesnt need to have a fancy American plan, because I am planning to go with a housekeeping plan thats is reasonably priced.

Thanks,
    Eric

If only I could catch muskies!

RE: LOTW Resort Recomendations

We stayed at Sabaskong Bay Lodge on Cedar Island for a week each of two different years, it is smack in the heart of muskie country and may have what you seek. Don't overlook Split Rock and King Island lodges, either, and there's a nice one on Hay Island, I think it's Duck Bay Lodge but I think it has a meal plan that may be problematic for you, m

Thanks for the help mikie, just curious does Split Rock Lodge have a website because I couldn't find one for it?
    Eric

If only I could catch muskies!

Bay Store on Oak Island would be perfect for you for this trip. Check out their web site and message board for info. Great people, clean and very affordable. Jeff Blanck

http://www.resortsandlodges.com/lodg...t-country.html

You might find info here. Google Sunset Country and the tourist folks will send you lots and lots of info. Now, LOTW is a big place. You can check Nestor Falls tourist agency for more info about desinations near there, on the east end of Sabbaskong Bay, or do like was suggested above and look into places in the NorthWest Angle. I hear lots of good things about Frank Walsh's place in the Angle, for example.

There's a whole lot of water up there and many good places to stay, all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend. Do you want to drive to your lodge, drive/park/boat in, or fly in? High end places like Tomahawk Lodge, mid-prices like Red Wing, or on down. Sometimes, shopping is half the fun, so good luck, m

Hey, try looking at Red Deer lodge. It is near Nestor Falls on Sabaskong Bay. I booked a trip up there for nine days this July and the owners were very helpful throughout the whole process. They were more than willing to answer any questions I had andseem to know their stuff. I sent an general e-mail asking about musky fishing in July and got back a lengthy e-mail later that day, which answered all of my questions and more. Both Ray and Roxanne are very friendly, helpful and I am sure they will be just as accomodating.

Hey Eric,
    I have been going to Red Wing for the past 13 years and have no complaints. Clean cabins, great fishing and nice host. Give Mike a call and he will send out the musky history charts. He keeps track of all Muskies caught out of his lodge. We go with 6 guys, but I have seen kids banging snotrockets and muskies on the docks. Check to see when the May fly hatch is if your looking for something other than muskies, they do slow the walleye action.
    Good luck, Rocket

for the past 3 years we've stayed at Youngs Wilderness Camp at the South East side of LOTW. It is a 10 minute boat ride from Sabaskong, on Steven Bay.

We did alot of traveling to the bigger waters of Sabaskong, but the poor we had in 2007 had us fishing the calmer waters closer to the camp on Steven's Bay. As a group, we saw alot more fish within eye site of the lodge then the previous years making the Sabaskong run.

Nice cabins, great people. Likely one of the shortest rides available for LOTW from Int'l Falls.

Hoop

i have stayed at Jake's NW angle many times. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

We stay at Helliars,and like it. Don't think anyone is cheaper,and I like being at Nestor Falls.