Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ear Falls Lac Seul

Ear Falls Lac Seul

Hi guys,
    I am wondering if any of you have fished the west end of Lac Seul. I've fished the east side out of Chamberlain Narrows with some success for muskies. Now the family is going over to Ear Falls. I know the population of muskies is small on the west end, but is there a fishable population?

Thanks,
    Steve

REPETESPINNERMAN

RE: Ear Falls Lac Seul

I was told by the owner of the camp we stayed at that there's not nearly as many on that end. He said that Northern and Musky both were very light there.

We did a little casting for them over a week, in between fishing for walleye, and we left agreeing with him.

It's a fun trip however. We ended up staying out of steamboat and some of the other heavily fished areas and we found a few of our own honey holes and had a blast. (walleye) At one point, a warden came up to us and said he was coming over to us because we looked suspicious fishing where he'd never seen anyone fish...but then he saw the mid lake shallow hump as he drove up and he said "ohhhhhhh.....ok...never even knew that was there!"

We drove in circles around that thing for three days.

Never fished it, heard it's good though.

We've fished this side before with little success for pike and zero muskies. Have done much better on the east side of the lake for big jacks and muskies. But, money has become an issue and the rest of the family wanted to go back to Evergreen Lodge in Ear Falls, which is nice, but it's not nearly the fishery that the Chamberlain Narrows area is! Just my opinion. Walleye fishing is great no matter where on Lac Seul, that's what I've noticed...it's awesome!

REPETESPINNERMAN

I also fished out of that camp about 4 years ago and I agree...it's a ton of fun. Went out with Gary one day and traveled about an hour up the lake to find some spots where they were dying of old age! We didn't do all that much better up there but it was really cool to fish that far away...and have miles of lake basically to ourselves.

I heard the water levels have been way down and I have gotten mixed reviews on the walleye fishing the past few years.

Good Luck

There really is not a fishable population. Take a trip down the road a little south and make a day trip to Cedar, or Cliff lake.

I've fished Cliff for years and have found it to be one of the toughest places to get fish to go. There are a lot of fish from 30-42 inches and a nice population of mid to high 40s, but getting them to eat is another thing. The water is so clear and the fishing pressure has increased in the last ten years. More frustration if you ask me.

Cliff can be very tough, with a lake that big I have only found a handful of spots that produce. But, the three lake chain that connects to Cliff can produce numbers like I have seen before if you can manage to get your boat back there

I've fished that and have done very well back there as well. I know a lot of good spots on Cliff, the only problem is, so does everybody else. That water clarity is what gets me though. It's so clear, it makes fishing all the more difficult.

Cedar Lake and the South end of Perrault Lake are nearby and if you can get there, would have better luck with the muskies there I would think.