Thread: LOTW first trip

LOTW first trip

Hello guys I need your help. I am planning my first trip to LOTW and have no idea were to go. Im searching the web and there are hundreds of lodges out there. Im going to fish strictly musky and it is a big lake. Any advise on where is the best resort to stay at.
    thanks.

RE: LOTW first trip

Take a look in our Musky Directory at http://www.muskyhunter.com/directory-resorts.shtml

All the Camps & Lodges listed there are great places to stay. You won't go wrong with any one of them.

Merry Christmas,

I've got one suggestion Witch Bay Camp. A great place.

Dave

Been to LOTW for the last five years. Stayed at Blackhawk Island resort run by Bill & Cindy Sandy. They are at the Norhtwest angle. Get lodging facilities and hosts. Bill has been on Lotw for over 30 years.

Kevin;-)

I agree with hunter4. I have been up there several times and I always go back to Witch Bay. Good food, nice lodging, great people. But the nice thing is they have guides who go out with you every day to help you catch fish. Once you fish with them and get your diretions down after a day or two; most people venture out on their own. As far as the musky fishing goes, there are more quality musky spots in 30 minutes of the cabin than you could fish in a weeks time!

I real good spot for Musky or any other fishing-We have been going to for 10+ years now http://www.lecuyerslodge.com/ Dan is really Knowledgeable & a fun guy & you simply cant beat the rates. We're going up the last full week in May- There at Nestor Falls East side of LOTW

I have been going to lake of the woods for the past three years and a great place to go is walsh's bay store camp on Oak island. it is in the northwest angle and if you boat in from youngs bay it is only a 6 mile trip to camp. Frank and Laura (the owners) are great people and if you want to know something about lake of the woods just ask frank he knows that lake very well. there is gas in resort and there is docking assistance once you get in every night from fishing. they have a little shop in the resort were you can get some food, lures, and a couple of other things.
    Kyle

I second Walshes Bay Store.....TOP NOTCH! Great rates and GREAT FISHING! Phil

We have been fishing LOTW for about the last 10 years. I guess depending upon what portion of the lake you would like to fish......

We fish Muskies and Muskies only when we are up there. We stay at Ash Rapids http://www.ashrapidslodge.com/ when we go and love it. Great area of the lake, Ptarmigan has a million great spots and it is about a 15 minute run down to the Big Narrows and surrounding area. Great resort and people who run it. Can't wait to get back up there next summer!

check out www.anglersproshop.ca for a camps that they deal with. They are listed on the link page. All are very nice. But one of them might have the certain thing that you are looking for in a cabin or evan docking and this year docking is going to be key becuase of the low water.