Thread: Ceder lake lodge

Question Ceder lake lodge

We are heading to Ceder lake on the 29th of this month, has anyone here fished this lake before and if so do you have any tips for what baits will work. Any ifo would be much appreciated guys.

Quote Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
    We are heading to Ceder lake on the 29th of this month, has anyone here fished this lake before and if so do you have any tips for what baits will work. Any ifo would be much appreciated guys.
    Never fished it but I wil lbe up there the 30th-6th. I have a black and blue Ranger. Pop over and say hi if you want to compare notes as the week progresses...

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo1269 View Post
    Never fished it but I wil lbe up there the 30th-6th. I have a black and blue Ranger. Pop over and say hi if you want to compare notes as the week progresses...
    Hey Tim is that you?

Yes it is.... YOu guys left a day early.... I hit 3 more on Friday and missed two that I should have had hooks in...

We reflected on everything that happened on the way home and if we knew then what we know now we would have fished much different. We still had a great time and seen some great fish. Glad to hear you got into them again and thank you so much for all the advice and tips, we will be going back maybe next year to give it another try. We fished our home lake yesterday and never even had a follow so we had it pretty darn good up there. Stay in touch and again thanks for all the advice and fishing tips. BTW did you ever see her? Hope so.

BTW I bought the Lexa when we came home and used it yesterday, I really think it will be a keeper so again thanks for that tip also.

I am leaving for Cedar Lake Lodge on Saturday, I could really use some tips from you guys.

As far as locations go fish were relating to Reefs/Rock's more than weeds. Current breaks were a big influence in where fish were. Bring your "A" game for figuring 8'ing. 9 of the 11 fish I caught were caught boat side. Some of the fish were pretty boat shy. I was able to overcome this by amending my figure 8 to go down and away from the boat as it came in rather than a traditional "L" turn. This move helped me convert some fish. Chop up the lake into pieces. I never went north of the Lodge the first day I fished and I did not go to the east side untilt he 3rd days I was there. Learn the lake. I had a hell of a milk run by the last few days and it really resulted in a lot of fish caught and opportunities to catch.

We started out fishing the outsides of weed beds in the bays, what we learned from Tim and kinda figured out late in our trip is that there are musky's in the outsides of weed beds but the bigger fish are around rocks and reefs. If you want to just see numbers then fish the outside weedbeds but if you want to catch the bigger girls then focus on the reefs. We seen a bunch of fish following but had a very tough time getting them to hit. Most of them followed to the boat before either turning off or hitting. We fished mainly in the south end of the west lake because the water on the north end was really green. It is suppose to get very cool up there this week so if I were headed up I would be looking for them in shallow weedbeds or shallow reef area's. Good luck and let us know how it goes. BTW we focused mainly on bucktails but did have some luck with cranks to. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1301.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	1393 This was our largest fish caught by my fishing partner in a bay weedline. Fish hard and stay out as much as possible because they will move all day up there at least that's what we seen.

Thanks guys I will post my results when I get back.