Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Musky fishing in WV

Musky fishing in WV

Anyone have any ideas on where to catch good muskies in West Virginia? I recently moved here and have heard that there is decent musky fishing in the states rivers. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Musky fishing in WV

Where about in WV are you? I live in Putnam Co. and fish Elk River Poca River Kanawha River and several streams that feed these rivers.

I live in Ona which is in Cabell County between Barboursville and Milton. Believe it or not, I wasn't a musky fisherman until I moved to WV and caught a 42 incher by mistake in a local river. I now specifically target musky and catch them with some regularity. They are my new favorite fish. I would love for you to take me musky fishing sometime in your neck of the woods and I can do the same.

My bother move down there last september to fort ashby and he has been catch hybrid in some lake down there. He loves to musky fish that is what he misses most not being back here in wisconsin. How close is that to you. He is always looking for someone to musky fish with.

Hey, good to hear some talk on WV muskie. Im around the Summersville area and fish almost every where at some time or another. My home waters is Gauley, New, Meadow and Kanawha Rivers.
    Been tuff for me like always in the summer, just waiting for early spring on stonewall! getting ready to head to new york next week, hope we catch some numbers.

I'm in SE Ohio and I've been fishing WV for muskies. Got one in the Gauley River, and have fished Middle Island, Little Kanawah, and the Hughes. I really like the North bend park lake near Parkiesburg, too. Want to give it a try? Send me a PM.

You might consider joining our Muskies, Inc. chapter, too, lots of brainpower there and some of the best bait makers in the country belong.

Some WV guys come up to Ohio to Salt fork, Leesville, and Piedmont, too. m

Sorry for the long delay in responses but have been really trying to figure out the Mud river. I caught 2 there in September (34" and 35") and haven't had a look since. Any of you guys fished the Mud? I hit it a lot and the only time I have seen other musky fisherman there is in the early spring. It is only a mile or so from my house so it is a nice spot to hit with these short days.

I am looking to join muskies inc.

I just joined Muskies Inc. I have been talking with Jim Moore and am very excited about being a member.

There's a fellow named Monty on http://www.wvangler.com who fishes the Mud River a lot, why not contact him. He's usually looking for company. The state stocks muskies in the little headwaters lake there, too.

If you want to join MI, the West Virginia Chapter is, IMHO, one of the best in the organization. You are welcome to our annual meeting and dinner on Feb. 10 in Vienna.

The Daniel Boone chapter in Morehead, Ky, might be closer to you, they have a new and very active chapter. You can go to www.muskiesinc.org to search for chapter contacts. Welcome and good luck. m

No fish in WV ;-)