Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TC Metro Report

TC Metro Report

Water Temp on White Bear Lake was 59-60 degrees.

Water Clarity 6-8 feet.

The countdown is on.......

Steve

RE: TC Metro Report

I think I'm heading to Lake Independence in the morning and WBL at night. I won't be able to sleep all night, I can't wait to toss the big boy baits!! Good luck all I'll check back later!

Beave

Only two follows on Indy, mid to high 30" fish. Water 72.5 50 Boats! Both fish in 10-15 ft, bucktail weededge

Fished WB Sunday evening till midnight, Should have been a pre-frontal situation but the front was moving so slow it never made it.

Water temps ranged from 71 on south end to 75 on the north end. Wind has been steady out of the S,SE. Sky was supposed to go overcast but was clear instead. Air was also very dry heading into the night.

Really thought the fish would be along some of the windswept points but nada.

Buddy had a fish on but never got it close enough to the boat to ID it.

Vegitation is growing in quickly, and there is a really nice fresh crop of jacka%% pleasure boaters on the water.

Steve

Fish WBL Sat Morning.

Water temps around 74 degrees.

Fish were all over the shop.

We had 6 decent fish follow, 30" or bigger the biggest was mid 40's. The number of little fish and hammer handles was to much to keep track of.
    I had one fish follow my boatside circle so long I thought about making him dizzy and netting him.

We had fish up on cranks, Hair, Jerkbaits, and Topwater.

We had rookie in the boat and they had a blast seeing so many fish.

If anyone notice the baby loon on WBL? Well he is no longer with us. The resident bully a ( Bald Eagle ) snached him off the water right in front of us. Kinda sad but thus is the circle of life

42 on saturday lost about a 40 my buddy lost about a 48-50 maybe a dozen follows,,,Sunday horrible maybe 8 follows 1 hot fish,,we have a cell phone network with reports comming in from all sides of city and this was a very slow openner compared to most years,,Monday spent the day GPS'ing spots for this weekends Hartmans metro tourney then afterwards we had about 6 follows all low and slow

Hit Baldy Sat AM - by 5:30 am the place was already very crowded - like a parade boats up and down the edges. Lots (!) of fish moving early (before 8 AM) but pretty much no eaters. I had 7-8 follows but only saw one caught. Most everybody was throwing small jerkbaits - I raise fish on Vipers, Phantoms and spinnerbaits, but there seemed to be a decided preference for the weighted Viper. Two actually bumped the bait with thier snout, but nobody opened up. The guy I saw catch one was working his bait slowly with very, very long pauses. Most all the fish, especially early were out off the edges in 14-16' following the crappies. I didn't get a water temp but the pond weed has already completly died off so you know the temp is up and lake "ahead of schedule".

I'm guessing that with all the nice weather we've had many of those fish had already been caught and with all the pressure they were getting these fish are already well educated.

Any report on Forest?

Wed 6/7/06 Hit BE from 5-sunset, water is 77 on the surface and tons of boats. No Muskie, but caught about 6 Northerns on crankbaits 10-15 feet deep, one nice one about 30".

Beaver

Went to Indy today. Had two follows 40" fish, caught one skinny 36". Saw some guy get a high 40" fish, and saw one surface but couldn't get it to chase. Temps were down 66-67 degrees.

I was out on WBL on Sunday am -- 6am-11-- Water Temps were 68-70 degrees. A few follows. One shallow on a Klr eel, one on a weedline on a Top Water (prop style).