Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A decision to Ponder?????

A decision to Ponder?????

cast or Troll

NO!!!!!!!!!!

its turnover in all forms in the metro

the Decision rumors out of ESPN is Ponder makes his first start against the super bowl victors!!!!!

fantasy fb'rs salivate for the GB d

Mathews salivates for his stat line

gophers 'not the U' feel safe they can stick their heads up on the practice field now that point guard McNabb is not throwing bounce passes with the first team

bturg is mad cause I scooped him!!!!!!!

legend made or custers last stand

monday there could be a run on 7's at the mall that no las Vegas crap table has ever seen

RE: A decision to Ponder?????

>monday there could be a run on 7's at the mall that no las
    >Vegas crap table has ever seen

yeah.......OK.

like sayin I won't be stoppin at Spangs in the next 7 days......

Roger Treadwell

*Eldrick Woods School of Class, 2011 Graduate
    *Team Johnsonville Field General/ Shore lunch Champion
    *Tuffy Boats Hull Demolition Captain

:7 :7 :7

I said we would have a new Q back three weeks ago...no scoop.

A Pooper Scooper would be appropriate for the Vikes...I actually feel sorry for the fans.

It would be fun if the new kid made a liitle history like that guy from the 49ers did a while back...Montana was his name I think.

Trolling has been pretty good in places as well...

RT
    The bears are gonna need a run of 7's at craps to pay what Forte wants

Bob, after your prediction, I wrote my Packer superfan brother in Iowa and inquired if he had an opinion. Let me tell you, being a Packer Backer in northern Iowa is a tough venue and he really tries to keep his finger on the pulse of the "enemy". Here was his response:

Does your buddy in the Twin Cities read Patrick Reusse much? Here’s his latest column – more precisely, part of it:

The anger has been multiplied in Minnesota because the taxpayers are helping to pay for a new stadium for Gophers football, and midway into their third season in that stadium the team stinks beyond belief; and because the taxpayers are helping mightily to pay for a new ballpark for the Twins, and in their second season in that yard they were a full-scale embarrassment; and because we are now threatened by a Vikings move to L.A. if the taxpayers don't cover 65 percent of the cost of a $1.2 billion project on an ammo dump, while the Purple wallows at 1-4, and without our preferred quarterback.

Take your pick, A, B or both, but Minnesota sports fans are more filled with rage than ever before.

It doesn’t appear to me that the prospects for a new stadium for the Queens are very good. And I also read recently that Los Angeles’ efforts to build a new football stadium have hit a major dead end.

Hmmm……Puerto Rico Vikings????

Watcha think Bob? Now you could get a tan while watching your favorite team....... ;-)

Though it did occur to me, considering your prediction, that the way things have been going, Mike Vick would be a perfect fit in the Queensville and Andy Reid would certainly be a coaching improvement. :+

/mike

The funny thing is few seem to actually approach the stadium issues as a pure financial issue. Will it help bring in enough revenue to justify the expense and funding...will it actually provide a return in the form of taxes generated via ticket and vending sales, event fees and rental plus income tax from workers and companies working at or involved in the construction ?

I don't have the answer but rarely hear the question asked either.

If they lost all the games but it actually provided a return I would say why not. Of course any politics, stadiums and of course pro sports in general rarely have logic as a foundation.

Not my war other than to have some fun with it here but as stated many times previously it does clear out the lakes on the weekends

:-)

Hooker on the other hand is a diehard fan...tougher than hand fishing for muskies.

I hope Ponder does well, just not this week. As odd as it may sound coming from a Packer fan, I've "enjoyed" seeing Stafford help the Lions turn the corner. Maybe even more than I have enjoyed watching the Vikes pizz down their legs with their roster moves the past few seasons.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Ponder put up some yards on the Packs bend don't break defense....but I'd also expect they'd bait him into some throws.

Jared Allen scares me being on the same field with Rodgers. They need to keep that guy far away from the best QB in all of football.

The moron Viking management needs to change along with the QB.

Both the Vikes and Bears need to understand that a bit of a "rebuilding" mode needs to get rolling before it gets REALLY ugly... maybe with the move to Ponder the Vikes FINALLY understand that?

>Both the Vikes and Bears need to understand that a bit of a
    >"rebuilding" mode needs to get rolling before it
    >gets REALLY ugly... maybe with the move to Ponder the Vikes
    >FINALLY understand that?
    >
    >

Does Ron Gardenhire know football? he sure seems to be capable of raising talent on the farms of baseball fields sans this past year of-course.

you got a point there pete

the series i watched on Ponder he looked pretty good in a tough circumstance. good pocket presence and kept plays alive ... made some throws and missed some but without knowing he was the guy for the week he looked really good. he's got tools to work with on that offense and the game is on home turf. i agree with you that it would be good to see another quality quarterback develop especially in the NFC North.

rolling 7 craps you out and takes your money off the board ... anybody out there like to roll the dice??

Bob,
    Actually I hear those things tossed around quite a bit when discussing the proposed stadium. Proponents of it LOVE to play hte numbers game, showing how it will pay for itself and then some based on many of the items you listed.

The problem I have with such an argument is twofold. First off, I find it very hard to believe that Mr Wilf would have any problem ponying up more of his $, or in finding other private investors to build the stadium if it would more than pay for itself. Secondly, I think many of the things being used in order to say the stadium will pay for itself, seem to believe that people have these "Vikings dollars" sitting around that they will only spend on NFL football. the reality is that for almost everyone, there is only a certain amount of discretionary income to be used on things like entertainment. If they dont spend $200 to take the wife and kid to a Queens game, it will most likely be spent going to a movie and out to eat etc. That $ will still end up being spent at an entertainment venue, store etc. So the stadium isnt really bringing in "new" revenue in such cases, simply changing the point at which the sale is made.

I'm a Viking fan. There, I admitted it. Don't feel better about it, but I admitted it.

Didn't we learn when the hockey team left that people will still spend money on entertainment in this town? I know, I know, what about all the revenue it "brings into town." There are lies, damn lies, and then statistics....

So how do we measure if Ponder is successful? Surely, not by winning games at this stage. I will cut him more slack than that.