Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cutler

RE: Cutler

>The Bears offense looked like the first day of Training camp
    >last night. Cutler made some great plays considering how bad
    >the line was. Bears coaches reacted quickly to the debacle
    >and pulled 68 in the 4th quarter. Nice job Lovie. Never seen
    >a guy have a defender run around him on a running play without
    >ever touching him. 9 false starts, embarassing.
    >
    >Defense is bad because the Bears chose to not address the
    >safety position. Chris Harris is either injured or blind in
    >one eye. Meriweather is only concerned with getting a
    >cheapshot on someone. Neither can play in the cover-2,
    >neither can cover anyone. The front four has done nothing
    >since week 1.
    >
    >2 huge drops last night. Hester drops the touchdown and Forte
    >drops that key 3rd down pass that basically hit him in the
    >stomach. That was a key drive as the Bears were moving and
    >then punt, and next play is an 88 yard TD run.
    >
    >Couple of things, the quick screen to Hester, played out,
    >fools nobody. Please stop running it. Why is Tice not fired
    >for that offensive line debacle? Seriously, week 5 and that
    >is the best you can do? 31st ranked defense? Best you can
    >do. Still love what you have here Angelo?
    >
    >Detroit is a good team, but outside the 2 big plays, they
    >really did not do a whole lot. That is going to catch up with
    >you soon. They got lucky in Dallas. I don't think they will
    >be able to keep up with the Packers. 49ers game will be the
    >first time they have faced a good team. Bears have dug a hole
    >they may not be able to climb out of, last night could well
    >have been the season ender.

Not everyone can be lucky enough to have the ahem...."three stooges" running their franchise like the Packers doses.

:+

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....you know....us Packer fans have gone WAAAY easier on certain persons than they would have on us, had Rodgers done anything less than win a Superbowl and be the best QB in all of football right nowses. :+ :+ :+

Cutler is.. (whistle-Flag)

Sorry about that false start,

Cutler is not the problem. Has Lovie ever won a replay challenge? Did anyone besides Lovie think that was a first down on 4th and 1 in the first quarter? How many times are the Bears out of timeouts by the end of the 1st or 3rd quarter.

That game was pathetic.x(

Have the Bears ever had successful seasons back to back years with Lovie & Angelo? I don't think they have. Lovie challenged the guys last night to see how the Bears measure up..... how did that work out. Seems to me he has lost this team. We have no depth, young talent, other than Forte, and the future looks to be a pothole filled road that cannot be fixed by filling the holes after each winter. Somehow the Bears turned it around last year, be it lots of luck combined with good play, but I just don't see it this year.

How do you use all 3 timeouts by the end of the 1st quarter. How many timeouts in the last few games are burned because MArtz cannot figure out, or design, a play he likes. That guy has lost his mind.

Lovie is the head coach and it is up to him to stop the bleeding, but his expressionless face and monotone post-game interviews have run their course. Bears problems start with the owner of the team and trickle down to each level. I don't see much changing in the near future.

>Cutler is not the problem.

...but he's also not the answer.

After Krenzel, Burris, Hutchinson, Cutler seems like Namath. You're right though, he's probably not the answer.

I'm Not a huge Lovie fan, but he doesn't set the table. That is done by the GM and the personnel people he hires. I give Lovie credit for what he has been able to accomplish with the talent he has been given.

Not sure how you can even evaluate Cutler based on what he has been provided to play with. And I am not even sure you can evaluate all the WR based on the fact that the QB can't even drop back and survey the field without fear for his life.

As I said before, we are not even 1 deep at all positions. We have a good RB and a good K. Outside of those two, we have a few aging talents on the D and that is IT!

Gonna need to retool from the top, Angelo wouldn't know talent if it was lodged sideways in his @$$hole.

Any QB in the league would play just as bad or worse with that O-line or these worthless reveivers.

I agree that Cutler will not be healthy for long if things continue as they are. However, while the line is bad, the coaching is not helping. Look at what McCarthy and staff did on Sunday. The substitute right tackle has to fill in at left tackle, a position he has never played in the pros and the raw rookie takes over at right, a position he had never played. After a few rough patches, things settle down and Rodgers throws for just under 400 yards. The coachs made adjustments, changed things up to take pressure off the tackles and still get the job done in the passing game.

That is the difference between Green Bay's coaching staff and the Bears.

Thats a good point. The Bears coaching staff is terrible at making adjustments. They may have did ok with it last year but not at all this year.

The offensive coordinator just keeps pounding these square pegs into round holes. He does not have the personnel to pull off his offensive scheme. They could be alot better working within their talent boundaries. They do need receivers bad, I don' t think knox could fend off an invalid. 5 receptions. Sit him.
    www.frvmuskie.com

Which end is the sucker on?