Thread: Are all Cranes crooked?

Are all Cranes crooked?

I was at Kurt's Island last week to buy a custom Crane and I sat there looking at them and noticed I couldn't find any with the lip square to the body. I asked the clerk and he said they're tuned that way for "the twitch."

Really? Doesn't anyone run them on a straight retrieve? Noticed many of the ones I wanted to pick up at R&H also had this cocked lip look to them.

RE: Are all Cranes crooked?

That is BS they should be straight and run true, they usually need a little tuning but not that much. I like to troll them once in a while. How would you do that if the lip is mounted crooked? Bad qc if they are crooked don't buy them, you are asking for trouble.

I bought some from Kurts about a month ago and I didn't even notice that. Interesting. I've used the 3 I bought quite a bit and they seemed to work fine when just cranking them in. I'll have to look at mine to see if they're like that though.

I've never had a Crane 208 or similar that didn't run true, though I have had Crane crankbaits that didn't.

I have some cranes from kurts island. I have not noticed crooked lips and I have trolled them without issue. Cranes are very tunable.
    www.frvmuskie.com

Which end is the sucker on?

I was there during the power outage last week. Borrowed a flashlight from the clerk to look at the Bluegill 105s. Tall kid, dark hair, slacker attitude, told me this.