Thread: Art Andersons memorial

Art Andersons memorial

Arts memorial will be saturday april 2nd at the Eagle River Inn from 2-8 pm with a 21 gun salute at 4pm. Anyone making the trip and needing a room you can get a discount at the inn as well.
    Nice write up in the paper on Art, this should be a big turn out for sure. Gare.

RE: Art Andersons memorial

What happened to Art?....and what paper or LINK can I use to find the story, please?

I was a client of Art's and couldn't have liked anybody more than he. Obviously, I didn't know he passed on. Great guy and a great guide. thanks,

richg99
    Fox Lake IL and Houston TX

My condolences to Art's family and I was very saddened to see this news this week. Art was always extremely friendly to me during my days living in Eagle River, and he was very active in the community helping out with great causes such as "Fishing Has No Boundaries", etc. Art was really a class act.

Art was a prince of a man.

I'd like to relate the story of how I "met" Art. Before the internet and instant knowledge, I was given the name of ANOTHER fishing guide in the Eagle River area. My wife and I were going to be vacationing up there, and I wanted a guide who would take her ( a non-fisher-person) and myself...an avid fisherman...out for a half day. The number that I was given was, apparently, incorrect.

When I dialed it, Art answered. I asked for "Joe " or whoever it was whose name was given to me in error. Art instantly said that I had reached the wrong guide, and offered me the correct phone number.
    No poaching on another guy's customer...not Art!

Somehow, given his easy-to-know attitude, I started chatting with him anyhow. I found out that we had grown up just a mile or two away in the North end of Chicago. That we both joined and participated in the "ModelBuggs", at a local hobby store. We both went to the same theater ...."The Patio"..We both roller-skated at the "Hub". Even though he outdated me by ten years, we experienced many of the same things in our area. He was a retired truck driver, as was my father; my brother and my father-in-law.

To make a long story a bit shorter...I quickly decided that Art was the guide for me...even though I had never met him.

Three or four trips over the next five years proved my decision to be correct. A true fisherman, a true human being. I've not met many other people who could be instantly liked, just over the phone.

After a successful trip where Art helped my nephew catch his first muskie, I wrote a short article describing our fun. Art had it posted on his web site for a couple of years afterwards. What a guy!

Please give Art's family my best at the services. I'm 1,500 miles away, or I'd try to make it....

One of the best....he was.

richg99
    Fox Lake IL and Houston TX

Char and I went to Arts memorial today, it was well attended and had many great photos of Art doing what he did best, helping so many others.
    The 21 gun salute really said it all, could have easily been a 42 gun salute!!!
    Rest well Art, the ski`s are a special strain where your at!!!!:7

Oh my goodness. This is indeed a blow to all of us who love and champion the outdoors. Art walked it; talked it; lived it... and loved to share his passionate exhuberance with any and all lucky enough to have crossed his path.

God rest you Art. Thanks for being who you were. Your willingness to inspire, teach and lead by example are but part of a great legacy. You will long be reverently remembered for your many unselfish acts and deeds.

Prayers and best wishes to all in the Anderson family.

Bob & Helen Osborne

Fishing is a living legacy ... lets work together in passing it on!
    JOIN MUSKIES INC. .... THE FUTURE OF MUSKY FISHING DEPENDS ON YOU!