Thread: mille lacs in june

mille lacs in june

Heading up too mille lacs on june 11th. Staying at appeldoorns sunset bay resort in the south east corner. planning on hitting the weeds around twin bays ect.. any suggestions would be appreciated!

RE: mille lacs in june

suggestions,,see what the floor show is at Grand Cassino!!! one year and two days ago I wore sandels comfortably,,today one year later I walked the dog across a frozen pond with the face mask up,,spring is way behind Mile Lacs may be very slow that early

Happyhooker is dead on, was up to the pond yesterday and still almost 4' of ice. Spring is going to be late, and Mille Lacs is not the best early season lake in the first place. It is a good thing that walleye season opens a little late this ear, or people might still be ice fishing on opener. Lets hope for 80 degree April...

The southern bays will be were most musky fisherman will be, but you probably won't run into any big crowds at that time.. Also remember that there will be a night ban at that time too, so you have to be off the water by 10pm.

The good news is that walleye fishing is great at that time of the year out in front of Appledorns in Sunset bay. The smallmouth fish is fantastic in and around the bay. The weekend around mid-June is also one of my favorites because of the monster carp that are spawning. You can catch 50 lb carp on Mille Lacs if you can find them..

Feel free to shot me a PM or email, I am sure I will be chasing walleyes and smallies at that time of the year during the day on Mille Lacs in the Appledorns area. I'll be more than happy to pass along info, I geerally do not start musky fishing until around June 15th - 25th.

Man that sounds fun. Casting tube jigs and dragging corn kernels for two of the best fighting fish, besides muskies. I will have to give that a try some year.

Many people do not know of the "elusive" carp bite on Mille Lacs, but it is short-lived. It does bring out quite a few carp bow shooters, but I have yet to see anyone actually fish for them. I find it VERY odd, that for about a week you can find the monster carp, then they seem to dissapear for the rest of the season, guess I have not spent much time learning the carp seasonal migration. Anyhow, my daughter had just released a 20 lb or so carp last year, and I hooked into a carp that made that 20 lber look like a baby, and there was another carp the same size sitting next to the one I hooked. Anyhow, it was my big carp that got away. I really think it is a fun time, but these fish are shallow and you need to be pretty stealthy..