Thread: My first IN Musky!!!!

My first IN Musky!!!!

This last Saturday, March 18th, I went fishing with my brother-in-law Larry. It was my first time out this year, my first outing for my new boat and my first serious Musky outing here. We were on a very shallow flat, about 2' of water, lots of old weeds and emergent lillypads. I was hanging up in the weeds a lot and hooksetting out of them. Another snag and hard yank, then I saw a fish roll! Adrenalin really kicked in and I kind of hollered to Larry, "I've got a Musky! Get the net!" Musky did a gator roll and stopped. I could see he was wrapped in the line, so I eased him over to the boat. Larry tried to net him when it took off again. I thought it was gone as I could see it wasn't hooked well. He stopped and I dragged him to the boat again. This time Larry got the net under him and began to lift. Hooks popped out and tangled in the net, the fish went nuts then lay still. The bait caught in the net and pinched part of the net closed. While keeping the fish in the water, I tried to free the hooks but couldn't. Didn't want to do this but had Larry swing the net into the boat and I could see a gap, so I pulled the Musky out and we got a couple quick pics. Put him back in the water and he gave me a good splash as he strongly swam off! I was so hyped after that!

My wife and I moved here in December from Northeast PA. I never caught a Musky in PA and not for a lack of trying. So this was a real treat for me! I hope this is a sign of good things to come!

Musky Ed

RE: My first IN Musky!!!!

Congratulations

I was wondering if things were moving yet! I was hoping to get out Sat. afternoon but, I forgot to pick up my state launch permit last week and came down with a cold. I think you will like it here The Indina DNR has done a fabulous job with our Muskies!! I live 1/2 hr south of Fort Wayne, and hopefully will be out alot more this year! Watch your PM's and I'll send you some info, be great to meet ya if your on the water sometime!
    Buddy Ellenburg

Take a Kid fishing they'll have a Lifetime of Memories!!

Hey congrats on the musky. Your story sounds alot like my first musky, barely got it in the net....cool

Ed,

Awesome and congrats! I am glad you made it out. Keep up the good work as you will have many more memories to come!

Migizi Fishing Rods
    574-551-0214

Hey Ed Congrats sounds like you share the same horseshoe as your brother....Sounds like some of his tales..

Wally :7

Hey Wally, they arent tails if you got pics!!!!!LOL Good job bro! This is your first muskie without me being in the boat right!!?? hehee:7 :o

This was my first Musky without Gare being in the boat! It was also my first non-WI Musky! And I guess I did ramble on there a bit. I was pretty hyped! And I do have pics! Heading to Cave Run next week! Looking forward to 3 days of nothing but Musky fishing! Yeah baby!

Musky Ed

Hooksets are free!!!