Thread: Law Enforcement ONLY Musky Tournament

Law Enforcement ONLY Musky Tournament

Hello Musky Hunters! I just wanted to let you know about a fishing tournament for Law Enforcement Officers with the location set in Northern Wisconsin. It is open to ALL law enforcement across the nation. It's sponsored by the Minocqua Professional Police Association, in Minocqua, WI. The event is in September, and it's on a local chain of lakes. It's a chance for law enforcement professionals to get together and have some fun. We offer door and raffle prizes, and tournament dinners on 2 of the 3 nights. If you are interested in more information, feel free to contact me on this message board, or send me an e-mail to cndnsunset@msn.com. Remember, you MUST be a law enforcement officer, and we do verify employment. Hope to see you in September!

Lisa C

RE: Law Enforcement ONLY Musky Tournament

I haven't been there in a couple of years but will be back this year. Always a great event and for a good cause...... NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!! They're not funding police pensions. It helps fund the local DARE (drug abuse resistance education) programs in area schools if I remember correctly. Hospitalty is top notch, great food, then there's that pontoon crew that comes cruising by while your fishing....... be careful of that one. Actually the pontoon crew is just more hospitailty making the rounds during the event. Seriously, lots of fun. Good luck this year. See you in sept. Think they'll let me camp on beercan island again this year?
    Karl
    Sgt/CPD

It
    >helps fund the local DARE (drug abuse resistance education)
    >programs in area schools if I remember correctly. Hospitalty
    >is top notch, great food, then there's that pontoon crew that
    >comes cruising by while your fishing....... be careful of that
    >one.

Sounds like a good time, and a good cause..........and I like the sound of a "hospitality pontoon boat".......

I wonder if that's similar to the "hospitality beer carts" I've witnessed at a few of the golf outings I've been to ???

(One time there was this one gal who could balance.........oops, nevermind.)

I'm not in law enforcement.......but it sounds like a great outing, good luck with it.

Roger Treadwell

*DWTS Home Judge Pro Staff
    *Team Johnsonville Field General

Thanks for your responses, guys... and I will look forward to seeing you in September, Karl! Ours is a non-profit organization with money made from the tournament sposoring various little league teams and charities. Last year we also donated toward The Kory Dahlvig Memorial Scholarship (line of duty deputy death, Vilas County) and The Nick Stephens Benefit (Arbor Vitae firefighter with cancer). Our biggest donation is our annual "Shop with a Cop" event in December, where we take local underpriveledged kids out for a day of shopping.

And yes, there is a hospitality (refreshment) boat that cruises around Lake Tomahawk and Lake Minocqua for the boaters.

I also received a questions via e-mail: the event is also open to RETIRED p/o's as well.