Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Game

RE: Great Game

Ahhh Come on Man... K. Williams is 6'5" and 311 lbs. And he runs a 4.8 forty, could he really be perceived as fat? now you're just hating.
    "I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers"

Geno

It could likely be another snow game tonight we are supposed to get 6"-7" here tonight, the Bears sure didn't look to good in the snow last week, but maybe they learned something from it. Outdoors, frozen field and snow the way football was meant to be played.

It was a much better game than I expected. But then again the same failures throughout the season were shown again. 1st and goal and have to settle for a field goal. That was the difference in the game right there. Get a td and the game is tied. And then there is Jones again. FINISH YOUR BLANK BLANK ROUTE AND THEY DON'T GET THAT EASY TD!!!!!!! He just stopped and stood there. Not to mention the fluke return.

>It was a much better game than I expected. But then again
    >the same failures throughout the season were shown again. 1st
    >and goal and have to settle for a field goal. That was the
    >difference in the game right there. Get a td and the game is
    >tied. And then there is Jones again. FINISH YOUR BLANK BLANK
    >ROUTE AND THEY DON'T GET THAT EASY TD!!!!!!! He just stopped
    >and stood there. Not to mention the fluke return.

I agree about Jones. It's getting to the point that I'm really starting to not like the guy. For every decent play he's got one like that last night that just kills them.

Nelson also had yet another big drop.

Another example of a crazy NFL season!!!!! Lose to the Lions the week before then give arguably the best team in football all they can handle. The way New England had been playing you would have thought this game would have been a blowout. Although I am a bear fan I marvel at the way the Pack develops quaterbacks that kid looked good last night. Bears will probably win the division and lose in the first round due to no talent on offense and no line. I am taking Pittsburgh to beat New Orleans in the Superbowl. Sad thing is the way this season has gone both of these teams could be bounced in their first playoff game.

>Another example of a crazy NFL season!!!!! Lose to the Lions
    >the week before then give arguably the best team in football
    >all they can handle. The way New England had been playing you
    >would have thought this game would have been a blowout.
    >Although I am a bear fan I marvel at the way the Pack develops
    >quaterbacks that kid looked good last night. Bears will
    >probably win the division and lose in the first round due to
    >no talent on offense and no line. I am taking Pittsburgh to
    >beat New Orleans in the Superbowl. Sad thing is the way this
    >season has gone both of these teams could be bounced in their
    >first playoff game.

I think if you take the Pats coach and QB and put them on the Lions ...the Lions would be better than the Pats right now. This Pats defense is not all that good. Like I said last week, this is the same Pats team that got their butts kicked by the Browns. The numbers don't lie regarding how much the Packers were able to do to the Pats either.

I don't think there is even one team in the NFL that's clearly head and shoulders above the rest. I tend to agree that the Steelers look the most solid but even they can be beat.

The Packer's QB developement is a product of them not falling into the win right now at all costs mentality like the Vikes and Redskins. Fact is, the teams with the mindset more often than not do NOT win it all now or ever. ALl of those teams, as usual, are already out of the playoff race.

Great Game

What a great football game last night! As a football fan it was a great game, even if as a Packers fan it's disappointing to lose that.

Clearly the Pack can go toe to toe with the Pats (to say the least). They took them to the final seconds playing with their second string QB and second, third and sometimes fourth stringers starting all over the field. Speaks VOLUMES about the job Ted Thompson is doing.

Maybe the BreNtre Fvefr ruined Minnesota Vikings will actually give the Bears a game? Hey, one can dream right? If Jared Allen and the fat brothers have an ounce of pride maybe they'll take this game over and make it interesting.

The Connolly kick return was a momentum changer..... and an eventual back breaker.......

And as a "big fella", It gives us all hope that someday "we" can effectively run with the ball again........

I was, and still am, very proud of him.........

On another note, I think that the visiting team's inexperience was a glaring defect downstretch......especially in the fourth quarter.......and I don't just mean that new Irish QB fella......GLARING. Did I spell that right ??

Like many other losses, this game was definitely right there for the taking........

And couldn't they just about call a "helmet to helmet contact" penalty on every play ?......??

I agree it was a great game last night. But at some point (I am already there), you have to get sick of all the close losses. Sure, it speaks volumes that this team has the type of talent that can come in and fill in for as many injuries as they have suffered. Kudos to Thompson (even though I do not care all that much for him) for having that type of talent on the roster. Certainly bodes well for the future.

However, the coaching staff gets an F for game management. Special Teams....terrible yet again....I mean really? The longest kickoff return ever for an Offensive Lineman? To quote Keyshawn......Come awwwwwwn, Man!

Clock management? Seriously, if they keep McCarthy after this year, someone please educate him about clock management - he has pissed more than one game away because of terrible clock management. No excuses for that at this level, none at all.

I am just at a point with this team that come on....we know the talent is there - even with the injuries....this team could, and I would argue, if not for poor coaching, should - be 11-3 right now. Future is bright, but they have the talent to win now even with all the injuries - their coaching is holding them back.

Zero margin for error now.....better bring their A game these next two games regardless of what happens tonight.

TC

Its interesting the hard core NE fans are saying that was the best game plan that was concieved against them all year. Really sad a special teams play again had a monumental outcome on the game.

Also the wise guys in NE are laughing at all the folks in WI on the JS online blog that are demanding MM get fired. Sure this guy is far from perfect, clock managment, not cleaning up the special teams, challenges or lack of etc... but MM reminds me of a young Cower or Dungy or Gruden or dare I say Holgrem.

Sometimes it years to break through. Anyone remember Belichek in Cleavland? I know Cleavland was a disater personal wise. But even he struggled with bad players. MM is doing a lot with some players who probably wont be back next year---see J. Bush.

He will get better once the players are back at full strength next year.

Anyone see Wolfork plow over College a couple times early in the game. Looked like a Senior in high school against his little 10 year old brother in the backyard--Wow. But the O line was able to run it after that.

Looking forward to the draft--Gotta believe they will continue to try and upgrade the O line and secondary, along with a complement to CMIII.

Huge mistake by Buluga on the last drive resulting in a sack. Looked like a good play call on the crossing route.

Even with all the injuries----Is there another team in the NFC that is much better than GB right now?