Thread: Complaining about non musky posts

Complaining about non musky posts

Funny that the only or majority of posts that some people write, is a complaint about how a post has nothing to do with musky fishing. Isn't bitching about a non-musky post just another non musky post itself? You people must be a real pleasure to fish with. If you don't like it don't read it (they all have subject titles) and stop the whinning.

RE: Complaining about non musky posts

Or come up with something to talk about(fishing wise)

When I was a young guy, I published a couple of small newspapers. The thing about publishing any kind of a news forum is that on a lot of days, there isn't all that much to say. On those days we put in stuff that is called "filler." It might be helpful hints, free stuff for charity, man with his dog photos or some other crappola that is not what the guy buys the paper for. You just don't always have a juicy story about a guy who chopped up his whole family---but you also don't want to stop the daily ritual of having the guy read your paper, visit your site, whatever. There's only so many times you want to hear about changing the hooks on a Kickin Minnow, floro-carbon leaders or the other stuff that has been hashed to oblivion. So, we rag on Brent Farve or look at Jamie's Bacon Bikini, and pass the time until something important comes up--like if somebody exhumes the charred carcas of Louis Spray's fish. And then when it does...we'll all still be here to see it. So, relax, eat a cookie and hang around until the next news cycle.

What would be so hard about this site having an off topic forum area? Then I don't have to waste time reading the title's of the crap I don't want to read...and there IS a lot of it here.

Very well said, Marty. You have a way with words.

Personally, I enjoy this Board because of it's diversity and selection. Alot of good posts on all kinds of subjects at my fingertips, MY choice.

I do wonder sometimes..... how insecure and bored does someone have to be to continue railing on and on about topics that have been deleted numerous times by the moderators. "Beat to death" sound familiar? Either in your real name or alter-ego doesn't matter.

They, the moderators, do a great job and it's a great site, seems disrespectful and selfish to me.

Open for discussion, maybe I'm out of line.

I think Marty nicely summarized our views on this forum regarding this topic like we have before.

You can adjust your settings on the forum to only view the title of the original thread. It's pretty easy in that format to quickly pick out the off-topic subject matter and avoid that if you wish.

REPETESPINNERMAN

Bottom line-would the site get more or less hits if all non-musky related threads were banned? Clearly the hits would go way down.

Some may not like it, but it's pretty clear that often times the non-musky threads are the most visited.

I also think it's "interesting" that some people can't just ignore threads that they don't want to read. It cracks me up. Certain people endlessly complain about various thread topics that have been "beat to death"...but you'll see these same people posting time and again in those threads ultimately keeping the subject matter active! :7 :7

What it comes down to is, some people want to impose their opinions and views of the world on everyone else often pretending to be some type of forward thinking level headed "peace keeper", when in fact the complete opposite is true. :7:7:7 If they were really interested in having a topic go away, rather than stirring the pot, they would just ignore it.

Sheeez...another one? Now what...did somebody post a sick cartoon in the Jay Cutler thread?

Oh please! How much effort does it take to scroll past a non fishing topic?

Well said Marty. Although, I would offer a twist on this.

Just like some people are tired of reading about changing the hooks on a kickin minnow, I am tired of reading posts (with vague subject lines) about the #4 Judas in Minnesota. :)

I check this board during a very short window of time on my lunch break at work. Generally, I only care about the fishing stuff. It would be nice if I could "get in and get out" quickly and not have to wade through the other non-fishing stuff.

So, I propose a compromise...let everyone post anything that they want. However, if it is a non-fishing post, please put it is a separate forum.

Jim and Steve, I know this has been proposed before. Please re-consider adding a non-fishing forum and let everyone continue to post about football, politics, etc... Heck, if I have some spare time, I will read some of the other posts too.

Brian