Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apology to Jolly Roger

St. Louis Marco Island Nest, Missouri Florida, USA Canada.

Apology to Jolly Roger

I need to apologize to Jolly Roger for my response to his post about the crap posted on the Gelb posting. I thought he was slamming Tom, but when I re-read the post it is obvious he was criticizing those who find so much delight in tearing folks down. I tried to post this apology on the Gelb Watch post, but it has been locked down. I am sincerely sorry for my error. Jolly Roger is a positive influence on this board and in NO WAY are his comments negative.

Semper Fi
    Bob Pieske

RE: Apology to Jolly Roger

He was attacking people and it was poor form for the fishing community....Oz

Mr. Robert Pieske is a stand up gentlemen for making amends, as for Oz.....

>Mr. Robert Pieske is a stand up gentlemen for making amends,
    >as for Oz.....
    >

I don't take cheap shots to start off with, so no need. As for you....

Bob,

Class move and it says a lot about your character. Have a nice holiday season. One more thing can't we a just get along?

RE: Apology to Jolly RogerNo wonder no serious musky fishermen post on this board. Post #2 starts in with a fight. Nobody on this board can just let things go and let someone post a good pictures, s

No wonder no serious musky fishermen post on this board. Post #2 starts in with a fight. Nobody on this board can just let things go and let someone post a good pictures, stories, or even an apology. Well, might as well go back to reading the football posts...on this musky chat board....

PS-Nice Bob! Shows integrity on your part.
    Say "Thank You" to a Veteran with a donation:
    http://www.operationmuskie.com
    Tackle Industries:
    http://www.tackleindustries.com

RE: Apology to Jolly RogerNo wonder no serious musky fishermen post on this board. Post #2 starts in with a fight. Nobody on this board can just let things go and let someone post a good pictures, s

>No wonder no serious musky fishermen post on this board.
    >Post #2 starts in with a fight. Nobody on this board can just
    >let things go and let someone post a good pictures, stories,
    >or even an apology. Well, might as well go back to reading
    >the football posts...on this musky chat board....
    >
    >PS-Nice Bob! Shows integrity on your part.

What is a "serious" fisherman? Someone who is unable to discuss anything but fishing? And if in the a general forum mentions football they are clearly not a serious muskie fisherman? The real problem is the self-righteous, they attack others and whine quite a bit. I am poster #2 on this thread and the object of Jolly's pointless attack, so I felt the need to let OP know, that in fact he was correct and Jolly's was going after those of us who stuck up for Tom. However plenty of us are guides, seasoned muskie fisherpeople, with a wealth of muskie knowledge, but also like football:) Oz

Bob, I truly appreciate your post.....I did scratch my head a little when I read your response in the Mr. Gelb thread.....but I do that alot here.;)

So thanks for the post........I've always thought that you add alot here and as for your knowledge and experience, well, it stands by itself, sir........(I met you at a function once here in Illinois during the winter)

My post there was not directed at Mr. Gelb in any way shape or form, I truly respect and admire the guy for his accomplishments........and his knowledge/willing to share it to us. I've met him several times on the water......and I look forward to his seminar in January at The Show.

The post was intentionally directed at those that constantly.......wellll, we know who it was directed at......and they do too..... ;)

It doesn't take long to figure these individuals out.

They are the ones here being defensive about it.

Enough already, thanks Bob. I'm going back to organizing and putting away the equipment, it was a great season and i'm done.

>No wonder no serious musky fishermen post on this board.
    >Post #2 starts in with a fight. Nobody on this board can just
    >let things go and let someone post a good pictures, stories,
    >or even an apology. Well, might as well go back to reading
    >the football posts...on this musky chat board....
    >
    >PS-Nice Bob! Shows integrity on your part.

So I guess you're not serious then. You sure seem to post everywhere you can to plug your tackle company. Muskie Hunter provides a website, you USE it, then you bitch about it. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. How about showing some of that integrity you're talking about.

Integrity indeed, Bob.

I'm with Hunter4, we should and will all get along.
    But I agree with JR...... I read that thread, and alot of others and it's always the same characters. Obviously there are a few here who just don't get it. And never will, apparently.
    It's a Musky site, not an internet playground.

JR's comment about knowing who he's referring to will make ALL of their presence known soon enough. Same old.

Maybe it's just a big smelting pot of personalities and opinions, eh??
    Nicely done Bob, and JR's comments both now and before are well spoken, I think.