Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just an observation

catchmuskellunge

RE: Just an observation

bturg,

You fit the description of what you just posted perfectly.

Catch,

How about you post some pictures of your big fish instead of coming on here and trying to stir up trouble with everyone!!

If you dont agree with the size of the fish then so be it... You have a right to your opinion. There is a respectful way to give your opinion and it is obvious that you missed that lesson growing up!!

So lets see your big fish pics!!!

Another fish that does not matter. lets watch everyone posting on this thread sit on the hands when the world record debate makes it winter pass through. Sad.

www.frvmuskie.com
    http://www.jomusky.com/
    http://www.zaltnad.com/
    http://www.hoosierhandmademuskybaits.com/
    www.H2otackle.com

Which end is the sucker on?

catchmuskellunge

esox1750,

My opinion is based upon sound logic. I have supplied everyone with the reasons why this fish couldn't be as long as claimed. If anyone wants to debate the evidence I have supplied they are more than welcome. I feel the people who are being disrespectful are the ones that get angry without offering anything to contradict the evidence I have presented.

Keep in mind I never said this wasn't a huge fish. I consider 55" to be extremely large. I've never caught one this large myself but that has nothing to do with my ability to analyze this fish based upon it's proportions. This muskie is no different than any other when it comes to this type of analysis.

There's absolutely no reason for people to discontinue posting pics of their big muskies and their measurements as long as they're honest. If they are honest the proportions will always match the reported measurements.

What seems to elude you is the fact that you sir, plain and simple are calling this guy a lier. Your math does not take into account many things that can greatly affect the weight of a fish or other things for that matter.
    Unless you are there to witness the measurement, do us all a favor and do not unjustly attack a man's honesty and character.
    I know with your " handle " you sure must know everything about catching musky, but as far as being a human being you have a few things to learn.

Catch,

You're like school in August. No class!!:+

If I was ever lucky enough to catch a fish of the reported size on this thread, I know I would take a bashing for it so I probably wouldn't stress it's size on the post other than it was BIG.. I would have a mount made but NOT with the fish, It would live as I would get a replica made. Second of all, There is no way I could ever record a State or World record( if I caught one) cause the fish would have to be destroyed and I strongly feel that if she made it through all the complications of life to get to that size, then she deserves to live as long as she can. Beside that, I wouldn't have to go through all the crap that everyone else has been going through for posting their catch. It is a personal satisfication that matters most to me not what other people may think.
    I have caught fish that were trapped within small beaver dams that were litteraly starving to death and were not much of anything from the belly to the tail. Managed to get a couple into open water but don't know if they made it long. Once they reach a certain point of starvation, all the food in the World is useless.
    So I don't dispute this persons statistics at all, I wasn't there.

>If I was ever lucky enough to catch a fish of the reported
    >size on this thread, I know I would take a bashing for it so I
    >probably wouldn't stress it's size on the post other than it
    >was BIG.. I would have a mount made but NOT with the fish, It
    >would live as I would get a replica made. Second of all, There
    >is no way I could ever record a State or World record( if I
    >caught one) cause the fish would have to be destroyed and I
    >strongly feel that if she made it through all the
    >complications of life to get to that size, then she deserves
    >to live as long as she can. Beside that, I wouldn't have to go
    >through all the crap that everyone else has been going through
    >for posting their catch. It is a personal satisfication that
    >matters most to me not what other people may think.
    >I have caught fish that were trapped within small beaver dams
    >that were litteraly starving to death and were not much of
    >anything from the belly to the tail. Managed to get a couple
    >into open water but don't know if they made it long. Once they
    >reach a certain point of starvation, all the food in the World
    >is useless.
    >So I don't dispute this persons statistics at all, I wasn't
    >there.

I agree and I think most of us understand that. I think almost all musky fisherman understand that the "science" of fish measurements is NOT EVEN CLOSE to an exact science. We can talk the law of averages but that's all that is... an average. How many of us have boated fish of relatively the same size even within the same day and one of them is much MUCH fatter than the other? The original point of the thread is probably dead spot on. There's probably no need to even respond to those that are jealous of a nice catch and are always ragging on measurements.

Again, sigh.

Steve Heiting

www.steveheiting.com