Thread: Muskies Inc.

Muskies Inc.

I would like to join the Milwaukee chapter of Muskies Inc. I was hoping some of you would be so kind as to share your experiences with Muskie Inc. Thanks.

RE: Muskies Inc.

Each chapter is different,some are more open then others and some are very clanlish.

The Milwaukee chapter is one of the biggest chapters, I have heard good things about them, if I lived there, I would join.

www.frvmuskie.com
    http://www.jomusky.com/
    http://www.zaltnad.com/
    http://www.hoosierhandmademuskybaits.com/
    www.H2otackle.com

Which end is the sucker on?

I joined MI 3 yrs ago & wish I hadn't waited so long. Our chapter (1st WI.) has a weekly league that has realy helped me learn not only the local lakes, but alot about musky fishing in general. You'll be joining a great group of ppl who are more than willing to help with anything musky. It also helps all musky fishers politically. Anytime there is an issue involving a government agency such as the DNR, the politicians always look at numbers. The more members, the more clout. Whether you're an active member or not, you'd be helping us all.
    Good fishing

Do you have any contact information? A number to call etc...

you can call the membership director for more information on registering with the Milwaukee Chapter or come to a meeting.
    http://www.milwaukeemuskiesinc.com/board.shtml

I have been a member of the Milwaukee Chapter for over three years now and renewed for another three. When I first joined, I thought it was a mistake because I felt like I was the new kid who transferred in from another High School. I wasn't real outgoing at the time. Once I joined the board, I realized how wrong I was. I've developed a number of new friends through the chapter, and I try to meet the new guys although I'm probably a few behind. There's more information to be found on our website and feel free to give me a call.

We hold youth outings, have our first veterans' outing coming up this Saturday, held member outings on Pewaukee, working with the WDNR about the potential of a new pond, and more. I do see value in Muskies, Inc.

Our next meeting is coming up a week from this Tuesday which is held at the Waukesha Elk's Club. Stop by and we'd be happy to see you.

Mike Phelps
    Milwaukee Chapter of Muskies, Inc - #35
    414-807-3659

As Mike said, definitely stop by the meeting on Tuesday and say hi to some of us. We have a great group of guys in this club.

Also, we're having a Veterans outing on Saturday on Pewaukee. Stop by Smokey's Musky Shop after 12 as we'll be cooking out for the vets and hopefully telling some good fish stories.

You'll learn alot about our lakes by joining, and can get as involved in the club as you want to.

Joel Michel
    Youth Director
    Milwaukee Chapter MI