Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Pounder/Big Blade rods are DONE!!!

RE: New Pounder rods are DONE!!!

I have contacted them on each, got to speak to a real person at the company each time, and their customer service is fantastic, but it doesn't help the frustration. They are great rods, especially for the price, but I'm done using & recommending them anymore.

sc

I had an Okuma break on me this year as well. It was the 8'6" XXH-T...happened within the first hour of the first day of my week-long trip to Canada. I received the rod shortly before we left on the trip, so it didn't have much of any prior use. It was supposed to be my double-10 rod for the week, so obviously I was pretty frustrated.

With that said, the customer service/warranty folks at Okuma were really great to work with in getting a replacement.

Basement rod builder? How about basement rod importer? And one who only has one thing to sell so he claims it's perfect for everything under the sun, kind of like a snake oil salesman of years past claiming that his concoction will do anything you want it to do.

I have never broke a rod that was the fault of the rod, getting them caught in truck doors and rod lockers are not a fault of the rod, if you honestly broke 3 of the same model I don't care how good there customer service is - their rods are junk!

As for being a one rod guy I can understand why it would be nice to only have to worry about one rod but there is no one rod that will do everything perfect. I would prefer to carry a couple rods, each one matched perfectly to what I want to do with it than have to settle for one rod that does everything OK. Remember the line "jack of all trades, master of none"? Seriously if the rod is perfect for pounders it aint perfect for much else. It might throw a DC10 but it isn't going to do it very good.

I understand your comments...as I have heard them time and time again...until people try them...then they email me, call me, talk to me on the water and say..."Love the rod! I have been throwing everything on this rod and love it!"

Kind of hard to knock it until you try it...

Exactly.

I use one outfit for everything as well. It doesn't happen to be Mike's rod but I'd definitely be interested to try one, they sound great.

Send me one Snake Oil!

JD

I picked up one of Mike's heavy rods last Aug. when they were available. Used it all last fall and 90% of this year. I started out this spring with 1-1 1/4 oz rattlebaits, DC-9's, Jerks,Gliders,10's, and Magdawgs. Probably would do pounders but not like I want to throw 'em. Now with an XH added you could do it all! All the heavy rod needed was some strength farther up the blank and I'm sure that's what the the Pounder Rod has. I was looking at an EVX at Chicago, they were much heavier for my liking! You know 4 oz would be alot, imagine adding Kickin'n Minnow to your pounder for 12hrs that's a heck of difference! I'll take the lighter rod! These rods are A-1 fit and finish, the best thing is the FAT CORK it rules!!;-) I'll be gettin' mine soon as their available!
    Buddy Ellenburg

Take a Kid fishing they'll have a Lifetime of Memories!!